ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: HOT NEWS.....Got a new 870 from the new Remington
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

I hope the 870s RemArms has already produced fly off the shelf, and they are successful in their endeavors to reintroduce other models. I hope the V3 waterfowl pro comes back in particular. I will have the means to purchase one next year if they do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:16 pm 
Field Grade

40Shotguns wrote:
Some info from Remarms via email today.

1. They are a small startup. Skeleton staff in the office
2. No customer service line for now. Dealers are instructed to contact their "Area Rep". Whoever that is...

3. There will be no advertising dollars spent in 2021.

4. Order period is open for dealers to order anything in the lineup. 870's, both express and Wingmaster. Versamax, V3's, 700's, 1100's, 552's. Anything you see on the shelves for now, other than 870 Express, is NOS.

5. No 11-87's. That gun is dead.

6. Manufacturing dates are TBD and depend on how many orders are received for various guns. If not enough orders are received for a particular gun, Remarms may choose to pull the plug on that particular model. Refunds or ordering something else is an option.

Lots of references to improved QC and an emphasis on product quality.

Bottom line....it's a new gun company. Period. So you're not gonna be able to call and get someone on the phone who's able to spend all day talking to you. They're trying to build guns.

Regarding points 4 - 6:
As I posted earlier, the distributor in my area, G Zanders had recently wiped clean their slate of Remington SKU's, and then restarted their list with the three 870 offerings. They've now bumped the list back up to 56 items:
https://shop2.gzanders.com/firearms.htm ... cturer=415

The models listed do align pretty well with what was stated in that email.

They'll be accumulating backorders, and handing that data back to RemArms. If consumers are really interested in certain models they should have their dealers initiate the backorder process through their RemArms distributor.

Regarding point 5, in that case, RemArms should drop the 11-87 from their site. Sometimes distributors don't list everything available, only the items they intend to stock. It's up to the consumer and their dealer to initiate a special order for the non-stock items, and if the manufacturer's site isn't current it'll lead to wasted order attempts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

F*W*F wrote:
Regarding point 5, in that case, RemArms should drop the 11-87 from their site.

Yeah..... interesting that the "Sportsman's 11-87" is on the Remarms website as their email was adamant that the 11-87 would not be offered.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As long as they are making 1100s and 870s I would think it would be foolish to drop the 11-87. Many, many common parts, and they are a good low cost reliable 3" capable 12 gauge semi. The ones I looked at last year before they shut down were the best since they dropped the Premiers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:56 pm 
Field Grade

If they get to making more V3's and Versa Max and the parts that follow, I will be a happy person. The majority need a rugged auto for waterfowl, the V3 is a great gun for my teenage boys. The waterfowl pro (also V3) is one of my favorite guns.
I have no doubt they well continue working season after season, but to have them continue with a supply of parts would be enough for me.

These things take time.
It makes sense to start with the 870. The 700 also makes a great deal of sense.

I wouldn't mind being in a business that was a guarantee. Any production currently produced has guaranteed buyers.
There is no need to pay for adds. Just continue with the plan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:52 pm 
Field Grade

.45colt wrote:
I just got on Remarms website and under contact I tried to send them a contact e-mail about the new guns. it would not go through , said there is an error. I then tried to call the phone # 315-895-3200. got a couple of recordings "welcome to Remington country" trying for customer service. no one home........... :shock: .

I'm only on page 4 of this 8 page thread [sorry if this is a dup] but I am in the market for a small gauge semi auto shotgun. I would wait some for a new Remington considering current prices. If you click on the Remington 1100 shotgun picture or VIEW on the top shotgun web page you get what looks like an old magazine article or ad about the Browning humpback model 11! If you click VIEW-ALL then you get current or future (?) models. I can't guess if that Model 11 page is a hack or if someone forgot a place holder when developing the page.

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:25 pm 
Field Grade

So two LGS's near me have an 'online order' function on their web sites.
I'm sure it's the same distributor, same website except for title-page and colors.

Anyway searching for all Remington long guns I get 3.
A Remington 700 and 870 Magnum out of stock and an 870 in stock.

So it's not just the OP seeing this info. I am in MA.

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

b79holmes wrote:
.45colt wrote:
I just got on Remarms website and under contact I tried to send them a contact e-mail about the new guns. it would not go through , said there is an error. I then tried to call the phone # 315-895-3200. got a couple of recordings "welcome to Remington country" trying for customer service. no one home........... :shock: .

I'm only on page 4 of this 8 page thread [sorry if this is a dup] but I am in the market for a small gauge semi auto shotgun. I would wait some for a new Remington considering current prices. If you click on the Remington 1100 shotgun picture or VIEW on the top shotgun web page you get what looks like an old magazine article or ad about the Browning humpback model 11! If you click VIEW-ALL then you get current or future (?) models. I can't guess if that Model 11 page is a hack or if someone forgot a place holder when developing the page.

Bill

It took me a while to figure out how you got to where you did.

https://www.remarms.com/firearm-history/model-11

It's clearly vestigial HTML from the old Remington website that doesn't link through correctly since it was transcribed. Obviously not a "hack" LOL

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:45 pm 
Diamond Grade

I think the new RemArms startup is trying to run on a shoestring budget. I'll bet the employees are working their butts off to get cash flow going.
I can't see the company going very far on the unit profit on 870 Express production. I'm pretty sure they need some higher dollar guns going out to customers, to get the returns that will keep the lights on, in the long term.
I think we need to be a bit patient, and see how they do in getting product out the door.
I wish them every success.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

When you are selling new guns at the old Remington price point and assuming that you are making a profit, what you need is VOLUME and lots of it

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:08 am 
Tournament Grade

I just got my lgs to place an order for a V3 waterfowl pro for me. I was told not to expect it before the first of next year. That’s ok with me. I’ve already bought 3 shotguns this year anyway. Lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:27 am 
Crown Grade

SHughes wrote:
I just got my lgs to place an order for a V3 waterfowl pro for me. I was told not to expect it before the first of next year. That’s ok with me. I’ve already bought 3 shotguns this year anyway. Lol

That is very interesting that he was able to place such an order. I hope it comes through for you!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:39 am 
Tournament Grade

oyeme wrote:
SHughes wrote:

That is very interesting that he was able to place such an order. I hope it comes through for you!

I just asked yesterday while picking up the SX4 compact 20 gauge for my daughter. I’m not sure he will get it. He said he was placing an order with them and he’d put in the request for the waterfowl pro when he co tact’s them. He’s got a used camo field sport version with the updated gas block on the rack there, and I nearly purchased it, but I think I’ll wait and see if I can get a waterfowl pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:45 am 
Crown Grade

Yesterday at BPS they had NO Remington guns!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Dr Duk wrote:

Because they`ve never received any, got some and sold out, or you don`t know which?

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

oyeme wrote:
SHughes wrote:

The email from Remington that came to us stated that they were accepting orders from any dealers. The sooner you order before....I believe it was late July....the better pricing you got from them. Production dates are all TBD. It all depends on how many orders they get for which products.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:06 am 
Crown Grade

40Shotguns wrote:
oyeme wrote:
SHughes wrote:

The email from Remington that came to us stated that they were accepting orders from any dealers. The sooner you order before....I believe it was late July....the better pricing you got from them. Production dates are all TBD. It all depends on how many orders they get for which products.

I know that it`s not public information, but it would be interesting to track those orders as to what`s being ordered. I`d be particularly interested to see where the V3 variants rank.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:12 am 
Tournament Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
40Shotguns wrote:
oyeme wrote:
SHughes wrote:

I know that it`s not public information, but it would be interesting to track those orders as to what`s being ordered. I`d be particularly interested to see where the V3 variants rank.

I’m considering ordering a V3 compact for my gf. She shoots my daughter’s A300 outlander well, but she fatigued after a while due to the gun’s weight. I had a 26” V3 field sport for a while and it was light enough for her, but the lop was too long. I traded it for a A300 Xtrema I’m going to hang onto for my son until he gets old enough to hunt with me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:48 am 
Crown Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:

Because they`ve never received any, got some and sold out, or you don`t know which?

Never got any!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:29 am 
Diamond Grade

SHughes wrote:
I’m considering ordering a V3 compact for my gf. She shoots my daughter’s A300 outlander well, but she fatigued after a while due to the gun’s weight. I had a 26” V3 field sport for a while and it was light enough for her, but the lop was too long. I traded it for a A300 Xtrema I’m going to hang onto for my son until he gets old enough to hunt with me.

Cutting a stock to length is pretty easy if you are good with tools. Also, grinding your own pad to fit is not that difficult, again, if you are good with tools. Even if you are not good with tools paying a gunsmith for those tasks will not break the bank. If you are worried about ruining your existing stock CDNN has V3 stocks only for $30, and stock with fore-end sets for $40 and these are prices for walnut furniture. (Click on the link below and scroll down to the bottom of the page)

https://www.cdnnsports.com/gun-parts/stocks.html?manufacturer=REMINGTON

I have a V3 with walnut and a 28" barrel. Eventually I want to have a V3 walnut with 26" and 22" barres for use as a loaner. I have already cut down a stock and installed a LOP adjustable pad kit.

https://stockpositioning.com/products/sps-2-sliding-post-adjustable-lop-pad-plate-black-stock-positioning

When I get the extra gun and the barrels to pair with it I will have an excellent loaner for pretty much any size person.

Remington going out of business put a damper on my plans, but it seems that if I wait long enough I will be able to get what I have been waiting for. Presently my V3 is set up for just me, but I can and have replaced the stock with my adjustable one for others to use. Fitting a gun for a 5' 4" woman is not too bad with my adjustable stock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next