ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: HOT NEWS.....Got a new 870 from the new Remington
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:45 am 
Utility Grade

The Remington finalized an agreement with their workers back in March of this year and resumed production of their 700's, 870's and the V3 in April. They also resumed ammo production at their plant in Lonoke Arkansas. Not sure about you guys but in my part of Texas I've been seeing more and more Remington ammo on the shelves and thankfully, more shotguns. I recently bought 2 cases of Remington STS premier 209 primers. If you get on the mailing list at Midwayusa for email notifications, perhaps you might get a box or two as well.

This past year has been rough as far as finding guns/ammo, I think Remington is doing the best they can and deserve a standing ovation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:04 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Researcher01 wrote:
The CNC machines at Ilion can belch out parts, they don't care who owns them.

Ilion was a lot less modern than I think people realize. When I toured it 4-5ish years ago, they were still using turret lathes.

Even CNC isn't as simple as cranking a chunk of metal in a vice and pressing a button, you have design people, setup people, maintenance people, QC people, ect. In reality, RemArms likely had very little choice but to hire back the old workforce, as I'm not sure the labor force has enough depth in that area anymore.

Huntsville was a completely modern facility, but the facility was repo'ed by the town, and the machinery that was there, if it came with the purchase of everything else and wasn't leased/payment plan and returned to the appropriate vendors, would be a large undertaking to move from AL to NY, then provision a severely outdated plant (which still has 100+ year old hardwood floors and burn-through rope activated fire doors) to handle it.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:16 am 
Crown Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
OK buddy, if you`re on the up and up I`ll be the paragon of apologies for doubting what you say. The reason is that I can`t imagine RemArms ( Remington ) rolling out their first production run without fanfare. To my knowledge ( and I`d love to have just missed it! ) , that has not occurred.

Have to agree! Should be huge rollout publicity campaign??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:18 am 
Crown Grade

RGVshooter wrote:
The Remington finalized an agreement with their workers back in March of this year and resumed production of their 700's, 870's and the V3 in April. They also resumed ammo production at their plant in Lonoke Arkansas. Not sure about you guys but in my part of Texas I've been seeing more and more Remington ammo on the shelves and thankfully, more shotguns. I recently bought 2 cases of Remington STS premier 209 primers. If you get on the mailing list at Midwayusa for email notifications, perhaps you might get a box or two as well.

This past year has been rough as far as finding guns/ammo, I think Remington is doing the best they can and deserve a standing ovation.

Remington guns and ammo are now 2 separate companies.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:46 am 
Limited Edition

I hope the V3 is next..... :D .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
Road Man wrote:
It would not surprise me, based on my own personal experience as I have outlined, that the old Remington did their best to sell whatever they could before they filed for bankruptcy.

The question would then be be "where did it go"?

When Remington went offline, existing parts stocks from all known retailers and wholesalers dried up almost immediately. There was no wholesale liquation of any meaningful parts. CDNN got a camo 1100 20ga receiver, some 700 bolts, a few barrels, a handful of 700 and 870 stocks, and a couple chokes. An incredibly tiny percentage of the hundreds if not thousands of part SKUs Remington would have been working with. None of the other retailers/wholesalers/liquidators were showing anything unusual.

Much of the equipment (mills, lathes, ect) in Ilion was so outdated I suspected it likely would have gone for scrap weight at a piece-meal auction if one had happened. Ironically Ilion may get a SUBSTANTIAL upgrade (and likely an upgrade in output quality) if they moved all of Huntsvilles machinery there.

Where did it go?

If the old Remington had been running down inventory in a months long expectation of liquidation the on site parts inventory was probably low. If shortly before filing for bankruptcy they liquidated what parts inventory was on hand in makes sense to me that the parts inventory was not particularly voluminous.

The simple truth of the matter is that this is all just speculation. Only the parties to the sale actually know what happened. Even the workers would only have a partial picture.

At the place I worked for the old owners had been limiting our purchases for about a year. We had no idea that a sale was pending, but I'll bet the big bosses knew. It seems reasonable to me that the old Remington could easily have manipulated inventories however they wanted to for months prior to bankruptcy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:36 pm 
Diamond Grade

Shot 870 today, all good, no issues so far, cycles well, ejects well. There are very subtle details that show someone is at the controls in regards to QC, choke tube threads have a much better cut, muzzle is machined much more crisp, not ragged like my son's older Express, overall well made.

"shoot what ya like, like what ya shoot".....it's that simple!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:09 pm 
Diamond Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:
OK buddy, if you`re on the up and up I`ll be the paragon of apologies for doubting what you say. The reason is that I can`t imagine RemArms ( Remington ) rolling out their first production run without fanfare. To my knowledge ( and I`d love to have just missed it! ) , that has not occurred.

If you started manufacturing firearms in New York state (or Cuba) would you make a big splash ? You could present Cuomo with the first one off the line and assure him uppers and lowers would soon follow. Seriously maybe in Texas but I would not bring attention to gun making in a cancel culture state. Situational awareness man !

Bobcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Bobcat Welding wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:

If you started manufacturing firearms in New York state (or Cuba) would you make a big splash ? You could present Cuomo with the first one off the line and assure him uppers and lowers would soon follow. Seriously maybe in Texas but I would not bring attention to gun making in a cancel culture state. Situational awareness man !

Bobcat

Bobcat, you make an excellent point! Your comment on situational awareness is spot on! That one apparently got by both me and Dr. Duk!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:46 pm 
Diamond Grade

I would still imagine that they would put something in the "News" section on their website. Also, while the state government is anti gun most of that power is concentrated in New York City and the surrounding areas. Upstate is more rural and much more pro gun.

Last edited by Road Man on Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:34 pm 
Field Grade

PHOTOS please!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I may snatch one of those tactical ones for $600. Inflation is here, better buckle up.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

longislandloco wrote:
Just got a NEW 870 Express, 12GA, new manufacture, first production run. The gun has a nice build, good wood/metal fit, nicely finished, no flaws to speak of, very smooth action.

Does it come with any sort of factory warranty?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:41 pm 
Limited Edition

Warranty is a great question. What ever happened to the life time warranty? What is the new one ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:56 pm 
Crown Grade

troutbum1 wrote:
Warranty is a great question. What ever happened to the life time warranty? What is the new one ?

Pretty sure the lifetime warranty ceased when the old Remington did. It might be too much to ask the new company to pick up that warranty on guns that it didn`t build and only carry the Remington name. It would be a great gesture to the marketplace, but I`m not sure how smart that would be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

Midwayusa.com apparently had the tactical (now sold out) and still have the hunting model. Each at $399.

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:22 pm 
Diamond Grade

Yep ! time to pounce. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020958824?pid=583357

Bobcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
troutbum1 wrote:

Pretty sure the lifetime warranty ceased when the old Remington did. It might be too much to ask the new company to pick up that warranty on guns that it didn`t build and only carry the Remington name. It would be a great gesture to the marketplace, but I`m not sure how smart that would be.

I don’t expect them to honor the warranty of the line of guns manufactured before roundhill purchased the factory. My question is are they offering a warranty on current products? If so, I’d like to know what the duration of the warranty is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 pm 
Crown Grade

SHughes wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:
troutbum1 wrote:

I don’t expect them to honor the warranty of the line of guns manufactured before roundhill purchased the factory. My question is are they offering a warranty on current products? If so, I’d like to know what the duration of the warranty is.

Wonder if they have an active customer service department? If so, I would think that an answer would be but a phone call or live chat away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
SHughes wrote:
Tidefanatic wrote:
troutbum1 wrote:

Wonder if they have an active customer service department? If so, I would think that an answer would be but a phone call or live chat away.

I was just curious if the OP got any paperwork with his 870 that had warranty info on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next