Shotgun Forum banner

DT10 skeet vs DT11 Skeet

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Brooksy08 
#1 ·
So I sold my DT10L, and bought a blaser f3 super sport, shot it a little. Liked it, but found its hard to switch from high rib back to a normal. I like shooting multiple guns on a skeet day, so its up for sale.

I've found a mint DT10 skeet with about 2 rounds of skeet though it (50 shots) and it looks like it in the pictures. asking $7500 CND

I like this because it has a "almost" parallel adjustable comb on it... which im use to with my 725 Skeet which I shoot well.

Then I found a DT11 Skeet, not much info but looks good, no adjustable comb.... for $9500...

I can't see any info on the comb dimensions to even know if it fits...

To be honest, im leaning towards the dt10? what do you guys think? I have an itch to try a dt11 though.. no one I shoot with has one so im kinda SOL on try before I buy with it.

#2 ·
They are both similar. Flip a coin. For that kind of money you could have the predecessor of the DT-10, the ASE 90 which was completely hand built along side the SO guns.

#5 ·
I would go with the DT-10 though the price seems a little high. Regrettably, I passed up the same gun in similar condition maybe 5-6 years ago at a price of $4500. Still kicking myself for that one. Maybe they are selling for more now several years later but $5500-$6500 seems like the current range to me.

Edit: I just noticed you were quoting prices in Canadian - not U.S. - dollars. Realizing that now, the price is a reasonable, fair price for the DT-10. I would jump on it. You can always shoot it for a while and upgrade to DT-11 later if you really feel the need and should be able to get most all of your money out of the DT-10.

#7 ·
Brooksy, I had a DT10 for more than 15 years. It was a truly fine gun; however, the the DT11 I purchased last year is an even better shotgun. It's built like a tank and the Steelium barrels with the forcing cones located way down towards the muzzle do indeed reduce perceived recoil. Go with the DT11 if it's in your budget.

#8 ·
Well, I didn't get to the dt11 in time. It was an international skeet and I shoot american, not a big deal. But helps me sleep at night haha. I ended up purchasing a " 682 gold e" in shooter grade. Also the dt10 skeet of course. Now I just have to wait a week for the gun to come from Alberta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.