ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stock Tuning for my Wife
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:37 pm 
Field Grade

I recently had Todd Bender over to my range to coach. I asked him to check the fit on a Browning Citori 28ga O/U that I had bought for her, and my daughter to shoot. I was disappointed to find the gun was going to need some tweaking to work for her.

Until I establish how much the girls are going to be shooting, I decided to purchase a Beretta 390 in 20ga. These allow for some shims to alter the drop at comb, and cast off/on. I am unsure where these shims can be purchased. Installation seems simple enough.

Are the shims for a 20ga gun interchangeable with a 12ga? Is it conceivable that someone who purchased a new 390 or 391 may have shims that would work in this 20ga 390.

I was considering a Remington 1100 for a while, but availability of Rem-Choke barrels is low, and the prices are still climbing on old 1100's.

If any of you can shed some light on the matter, please let me know. She has high cheek bones and so winds up seeing the back of the action, not down the rib. A good amount of lift would likely be required... do shims provide sufficient adjustment?

Call 252 648-0231, or write me [email protected]

Post subject: Re: Stock Tuning for my Wife
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:57 am 
Diamond Grade

Hello: Beretta sell a removable gel pad that sticks on the stock. You can find the shims for the 20 gauge at Brownells. The 20 gauge plastic shim is different than the 12 gauge but the metal shim in the stock is the same. I may have a plastic 20 gauge shim but will have to check. The gel pad will be a good thing to buy also. Thanks, Eric