ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta QC problems?
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:35 am 
Presentation Grade

My shooting buddy is trying to sell his Kolar and had decided to look at the DT 11 Black, he was told (& I know this is a "friend of mine knows a friend..." story) by one of the guys at the club told him to stay away from the gun as Beretta is having QC problems (mainly the triggers). We all know the problems w/the 690/692 series, but I haven't read anything about the DT 11 series.
The guy at the club said that his friend works for Beretta (maybe a salesman I don't know) told him not to buy the DT 11 so this guy bought a Krieghoff. But anyway back to the question: anybody heard or has experience of the DT 11 having problems? Thank you. For the record I am also looking at the DT to replace my '97 682 Gold Super Sporting. Thanks again.

Post subject: Re: Beretta QC problems?
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:08 am 
Tournament Grade

Yes, on the problem.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:18 am 
Presentation Grade

no problems with the dt11....great gun

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:23 am 
Crown Grade

Anthony Matarese shoots the ever living crap out of one. Perhaps he might have some input?

Or Desirae Edmunds.....I bet she might know too.

Maybe we can find out the real deal from those who do know what they are talking about.

Last edited by Sobrepuesta on Mon May 15, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:43 pm 
Crown Grade

VHart51 wrote:
My shooting buddy had decided to look at the DT 11 Black, he was told (& I know this is a "friend of mine knows a friend..." story) by one of the guys at the club told him to stay away from the gun as Beretta is having QC problems (mainly the triggers).

The guy at the club said that his friend works for Beretta (maybe a salesman I don't know) told him not to buy the DT 11

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:34 pm 
Presentation Grade

First I've heard of anyone being told to steer clear of any of Beretta's DT guns. I've heard reports of some issues with the 692's as of late, but not the DT's.

That's the problem with the whole "my friend knows a guy who's cousin's dog peed on the leg of a woman married to this old guy who's grandson owns an 'XYZ' and his XYZ gets up in the middle of hte night and kills kittens all by itself..." :)

Lots of people work for Beretta; I'm sure some have a vendetta. I'm also sure that there have probably been DT11's that suffered issues. There are also those that still prefer the DT10's. That being said, spend some time around here and do some searching on 'DT1x' and you'll see that the glowing accolades far outnumber any complaints.

I'd say buy with confidence :)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

Ask Kim Rhode or Vince Hancock how they like theirs?

"I instruct to break targets...I coach to compete".

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:22 am 
Presentation Grade

Sobrepuesta wrote:
Anthony Matarese shoots the ever living crap out of one. Perhaps he might have some input?

Maybe we can find out the real deal from those who do know what they are talking about.

Geez, why DIDN'T I think of that? I'm sure people that are sponsored shooters are going to tell us what they REALLY think of their products? :roll:
I'm not knocking the DT 11 I was just asking to see if maybe someone here had heard of ANY problems cause I did tell my friend that I hadn't read anything really bad about that gun (on this site). And thanks to the others that gave me non-BS replies.

Last edited by VHart51 on Wed May 17, 2017 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

VHart51 wrote:
But anyway back to the question: anybody heard or has experience of the DT 11 having problems?

I haven't heard of "problems" much less what the imaginary problems might actually consist of.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:30 am 
Presentation Grade

Thank you Randy, IMO I'd still buy a DT 11 though I've seen some really nice used DT-10s at some very good prices.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

Had my DT-11 for 2 years now, LOVE IT. Never have had any problems.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:52 pm 
Crown Grade

VHart51 wrote:
Sobrepuesta wrote:

Geez, why DIDN'T I think of that? I'm sure people that are sponsored shooters are going to tell us what they REALLY think of their products? :roll:
I'm not knocking the DT 11 I was just asking to see if maybe someone here had heard of ANY problems cause I did tell my friend that I hadn't read anything really bad about that gun (on this site). And thanks to the others that gave me non-BS replies.

I suppose you think they don't have the integrity to refuse to use a gun that is plagued with problems just because it's free.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 am 
Presentation Grade

Sobrepuesta wrote:
VHart51 wrote:
Sobrepuesta wrote:

I suppose you think they don't have the integrity to refuse to use a gun that is plagued with problems just because it's free.

Yup! And I've followed some of your replies here and would appreciate you not responding to ANY of my posts. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

:roll: :roll: Seriously this is an Open forum so how are you going to "enforce" his not posting on your threads ?

I put your question/statement on a Face Book page that gets WAY more traffic than here(and there are several top shooters who swing by and post and even the ones that don't shoot DT's) and they ALL called BS. There were also a LOT of DT shooters and there wasn't one single comment about their triggers being any trouble.

So there ya go. :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:59 pm 
Presentation Grade

I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GUN, DID YOU NOT SEE THAT I WOULD STILL PROBABLY BUY A DT 11. GOT IT! And if there is an "Ignore" button I would use it. I've read some replies Sobrepuesta has made to others on this forum and made my comment. I don't go to Facebook very much so sorry. All I asked was a question because of what my friend had asked me. That's all. And I'm glad there doesn't seem to be a big "problem" w/the triggers. Some of you all seem to be well....... I now know why I don't post much on here. Good day, Gents. You want to continue PM me!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Image Image

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:53 pm 
Presentation Grade

That's an original Smartarse reply! :roll: :roll: :roll: I guess some of ya'all are elistist Mr. Know it all's, :D Okay " Well, Bye!" Dude! :lol: :lol: :lol: And again thx to all that didn't give me a no BS reply! Good shooting!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 pm 
Crown Grade

VHart51 wrote:
Sobrepuesta wrote:

Yup!
Quoted for posterity

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:33 am 
Presentation Grade

Sobrepuesta wrote:
VHart51 wrote:
Sobrepuesta wrote:

Yup!
Quoted for posterity

Blackmail Huh? Let me "crawfish" here: These people ARE salespersons for their product(s) and are SPONSERED. They may not tell EVERYTHING (may not lie) bad about the product. I used to race motorcycles and the sponsored pros if asked would build up their rides, because they wanted you to buy their product ie: motorcycles.
It kinda seems you & hopper have targeted me out as "bad mouthing" this product which is in no way close to the real truth, I shoot a vintage 682 Gold Super Sporting and would love a nice used DT 10 or DT 11. I was just ASKING if anyone here had heard of any QC problem Beretta has been having w/this mdl in recent times.
And if you two happen to be "sponsored" shooters I apologize. If not then KMA. Okay now I am done w/this thread and as hopper posted: "Well, Bye!" 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:37 pm 
Field Grade

Yes, the DT11 has a few problems. First, a significant number tend to double fire. This may be related to the barrel selector. The top lever on DT11's is close to the selector button on the safety and can be inadvertently moved slightly when opening the gun, particularly if you select bottom barrel first as the button is to the left. Second, some DT11's tend to open up upon firing. This happens after a period of time. Third, the DT11 Black has a carbon fiber top rib that loosens up. They have been reported to fall off as well. If you plan on buying one make sure you handle the gun and confirm the rib is attached properly. Other than that, they're popular guns with poor resale value compared to other guns in the top-tier or premium class. I had a standard DT11 that both double fired and opened upon firing. Thankfully not at the same time. I've witnessed a DT11 Black rib fall off and handled 3 demo models at a large tournament, 1 of them had a loose rib.