ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Beretta DT-11 Action wear?!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:52 pm 
Field Grade

Actually, its a sign of quality fitting and very tight tolerances. Perazzi's show signs of wear. usually on the rear recoil lugs on the monobloc that mate against the receiver walls. Few would argue that tight tolerances for parts is a sign of poor quality. Loose tolerances are hallmarks of low cost, mass produced parts with little final finishing. I once had a Browning GTi that shot it's bottom barrel 4 inches to the left and it's top barrel 3 inches to the right. That's roughly a 60/40 pattern to the left and right respectively. I called Browning to see if I could get warranty coverage or replacement and I was told that the gun was "well within manufacturing tolerances". There was no visible wear on that gun's receiver. My mistake was taking it to the patterning board. Be happy that you own a top quality competition gun with tight tolerances for years of consistency.

Post subject: Re: Beretta DT-11 Action wear?!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The old Winchester company patterned every Model 21 and checked each barrel for convergence and point of aim BEFORE it left the factory. I doubt many guns get that kind of exam anymore

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith