ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beretta DT-11 Action wear?!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:24 am 
Crown Grade

Alex D wrote:
Tvbh40a wrote:
https://www.baldwinboltjeweling.com/

When you want to get it touched up, this guy is awesome and reasonable.

Many thanks for the hint! I emailed him.

BTW .... I emailed Cole's on Monday. ZERO response so far.

Call them! They answer the phone and they will put you in touch with a gunsmith if the front desk can’t answer your question!
I have been VERY pleased with Cole’s customer service.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Alex D wrote:
Tvbh40a wrote:
https://www.baldwinboltjeweling.com/

When you want to get it touched up, this guy is awesome and reasonable.

Many thanks for the hint! I emailed him.

BTW .... I emailed Cole's on Monday. ZERO response so far.

Call them! They answer the phone and they will put you in touch with a gunsmith if the front desk can’t answer your question!
I have been VERY pleased with Cole’s customer service.

I got an answer back from Jona Cole after sending them my pictures and they commented that this is "normal wear".

Since this is normal I have to say that Beretta's quality is a HUGE disappointment for me! My Brownings at a third of the price are built better!! Heck my sons Mossberg Silver Reserve II with jewels monobloc does not wear like this. Thats a $450 gun! Shame on Beretta!

DT-11 Sptg Black B-Fast - DT-11 Sptg B-Fast - 692 Black B-Fast - A400 Sptg Black - A400 Multitarget - CG Invictus VII - Browning A5 Ultim. - CZ Sharptail Target - TriStar TT-15 CTA DeLuxe 32"/34" - Rem. 11-87 SP 25.5"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:38 am 
Crown Grade

It's a tool. It will show wear. Did you examine the gun when you took delivery? Does the serial number have a Y in it? If so it was a demo gun, fired already.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:37 pm 
Limited Edition

lt0026 wrote:
It's a tool. It will show wear. Did you examine the gun when you took delivery? Does the serial number have a Y in it? If so it was a demo gun, fired already.

This is the kind of response that drives me nuts. Obviously if the guy is making this post he is concerned about the wear on his NINE THOUSAND DOLLAR SHOTGUN. Yes, it is a "tool" used to break clays but that is an investment no matter how you look at it. Not in terms of making money but as something that costs that much money, you have certain expectations for how it will age and hold up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

After seeing this thread I went and looked at mine out of curiosity and about the same as the OP's. Doesn't bother me but guess I could see it might others :) Guess never looked that close at it when cleaning :lol:

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:39 pm 
Crown Grade

edgerat wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

This is the kind of response that drives me nuts. Obviously if the guy is making this post he is concerned about the wear on his NINE THOUSAND DOLLAR SHOTGUN. Yes, it is a "tool" used to break clays but that is an investment no matter how you look at it. Not in terms of making money but as something that costs that much money, you have certain expectations for how it will age and hold up.

Jeweling serves no purpose. It is used to cover any machining marks. Strictly decoration. I'll take Coles answer that he gave the OP.
When jeweling got started it was functional. Bare, polished steel will not hold oil and will rust in short order. Jeweling was a way to etch the surface a bit to allow the oil something to hold onto. Now-a-days, jeweling is primarily a cosmetic treatment steeped in tradition. Many fine guns have no jeweling. You can't see jeweling when the gun is closed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

edgerat wrote:
lt0026 wrote:

Thank you. This is my point. I understand this gun being a tool etc bla bla bla but at this Price i expect better finish. Let me make my pint a different way. You by a brand new Mercedes for 100 k and after a couple of months the paint comes off one fender. That has no influence on the function and utility of your new car. So are these guys telling me they would just move on and say what the hell its just a tool. Really?

DT-11 Sptg Black B-Fast - DT-11 Sptg B-Fast - 692 Black B-Fast - A400 Sptg Black - A400 Multitarget - CG Invictus VII - Browning A5 Ultim. - CZ Sharptail Target - TriStar TT-15 CTA DeLuxe 32"/34" - Rem. 11-87 SP 25.5"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:51 pm 
Crown Grade

So coming on here and complaining solves what? You called Coles and got an answer. Send it in for warranty at the factory and see what happens. Perhaps a dash of buyers remorse?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

lt0026 wrote:
So coming on here and complaining solves what? You called Coles and got an answer. Send it in for warranty at the factory and see what happens. Perhaps a dash of buyers remorse?

Read my original post. There was a question in it. I wanted to know if this is normal or just a case with my gun.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:31 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... =2&t=68138

It is normal wear, some do it faster than others. Jeweling or engine-turning decorative finishes, regardless of brand, is not a reasonable barometer on the quality of the gun. On the quality of the jeweling, perhaps, but even that is debatable.

I've seen engine turning on Win. 101 Pigeon Grades wipe off within a few boxes of shells. It is not action wear, it is just jeweling wear, nor is it unique to Beretta.

http://randywakeman.com/

Post subject: Beretta DT-11 Action wear?!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I’ve never seen a jeweled Model 12 bolt that didn’t have a wear trail right down the middle. It’s normal. The same goes for my Berettas

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Alex D wrote:
Heck my sons Mossberg Silver Reserve II with jewels monobloc does not wear like this. Thats a $450 gun! Shame on Beretta!

That's because Mossberg o/us are fit with a ruler, not a micrometer.

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Skeet_Man wrote:

:lol: {hs# :lol:

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:16 am 
Limited Edition

Skeet_Man wrote:
Alex D wrote:
Heck my sons Mossberg Silver Reserve II with jewels monobloc does not wear like this. Thats a $450 gun! Shame on Beretta!

Well, yeah. My DT 11 was so stiff to open when I first got it. I put a little STP on the flats of the barrel. Still stiff and well, :roll: no jeweling wear either.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is very little jeweling on my DT11. This gun has many thousands of rounds through it and it's smooth and dependable. I never give it a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

tash wrote:
There is very little jeweling on my DT11. This gun has many thousands of rounds through it and it's smooth and dependable. I never give it a thought.

Same :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As I typed the above I was chuckling to myself. I've run 900 rounds through the gun so far this week and today is Wednesday. Jeweling is on the back burner.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:08 pm 
Field Grade

JoM wrote:
My Dt11 bought in Dec. is on its way back to Beretta.
Small crack in forearm at a knot that looks like they tried to epoxy before checkering.
Mid bead was backing out of rib at shoot on saturday.
Bought also because of custom shop detail.
We will see how it goes. Great shooting gun otherwise.
Mine is also wearing at the jeweling

I sent my gun in on 3-25 and received it back today 4/4.
I would say it was excellent service by Beretta, new forend wood better than the orig and mid bead repaired.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

Alex,
If you are that upset with Beretta and your newly purchased gun sell it. From what I read in your posts, I doubt that you will ever be satisfied with the gun. Life is far too short to spend it filled with anger and regret.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:41 pm 
Crown Grade

BGK wrote:
Alex,
If you are that upset with Beretta and your newly purchased gun sell it. From what I read in your posts, I doubt that you will ever be satisfied with the gun. Life is far too short to spend it filled with anger and regret.

I agree. I'll start the bidding at $2500 for your tainted DT 11...... :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next