ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Beretta DT-11 Action wear?!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:53 am 
Presentation Grade

cheecho1960 wrote:
BGK wrote:
Alex,
If you are that upset with Beretta and your newly purchased gun sell it. From what I read in your posts, I doubt that you will ever be satisfied with the gun. Life is far too short to spend it filled with anger and regret.

I agree. I'll start the bidding at $2500 for your tainted DT 11...... :cry:

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 am 
Tournament Grade

VHart51 wrote:
cheecho1960 wrote:
BGK wrote:
Alex,
If you are that upset with Beretta and your newly purchased gun sell it. From what I read in your posts, I doubt that you will ever be satisfied with the gun. Life is far too short to spend it filled with anger and regret.

I agree. I'll start the bidding at $2500 for your tainted DT 11...... :cry:

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:13 pm 
Limited Edition

tash wrote:
There is very little jeweling on my DT11. This gun has many thousands of rounds through it and it's smooth and dependable. I never give it a thought.

Just to clarify; there is very little jewling because it has worn off?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I’m with the OP on this one. It is disappointing that the quality control didn’t catch this in the first place. Personally I’d expect the parts to jive no material what I paid for a gun. My Silver Pigeon II had jeweling one good shape until I accidentally messed it up last year. And my gun is from 1995.

I see no reason why the OP can’t expect that out of his gun.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Custom-Gunstocks-LLC/378909012204503

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:42 am 
Tournament Grade

Another issue developed. My gun is always lubed well so now there is rust coming out of the the monobloc where the lower barrel is fitten into it. Oil/grease must have gotten in there and after every shoot a brown oil/grease mix can be found where lower barrel and monobloc meet under the forearm. It's nothing major and won't harn the longevity and use of the gun, but it clearly shows the lower level of quality in Beretta guns, even their premium line. My Guerinis (Summit Black and Invictus VII) are far better assembled and fitted!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:49 pm 
Limited Edition

Alex D wrote:
Another issue developed. My gun is always lubed well so now there is rust coming out of the the monobloc where the lower barrel is fitten into it. Oil/grease must have gotten in there and after every shoot a brown oil/grease mix can be found where lower barrel and monobloc meet under the forearm.

Can you post a picture of this?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

I will

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:10 am 
Tournament Grade

I got my DT11L back in Jan and it has some slight wear on the jeweling in a small area on each side of the monoblock after 1500 rounds but certainly nothing that concerns me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
Fairly normal and not something I'd worry about, just means the parts are a close fit which is a good thing.

The jeweling is only cosmetic anyways.

As long as nothing is dragging or binding, keep on trucking.

The jeweling can be touched up later on if desired.

I agree.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:34 pm 
Crown Grade

Alex D wrote:
lt0026 wrote:
So coming on here and complaining solves what? You called Coles and got an answer. Send it in for warranty at the factory and see what happens. Perhaps a dash of buyers remorse?

Read my original post. There was a question in it. I wanted to know if this is normal or just a case with my gun.

Normal. Very normal. Exceedingly normal. If you like the way it shoots, you’d be crazy to fret over something that is normal.....as many others here have said.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

A similar condition existed with higher grade Model 12s with jeweled bolts. The first time that the gun was racked the jeweling began to wear away and it steadily got worse. This was the case even with the most expensive custom shop guns that were basically hand tuned. It is entirely normal.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

Notch15 wrote:
Alex D wrote:
Another issue developed. My gun is always lubed well so now there is rust coming out of the the monobloc where the lower barrel is fitten into it. Oil/grease must have gotten in there and after every shoot a brown oil/grease mix can be found where lower barrel and monobloc meet under the forearm.

Here are some pictures of the rusty oil coming from the barrel/monoblock joint on my DT-11. It is the only gun I ever had that does this. I use only clear lube and when I wipe it off it is rust brown.

https://imgur.com/a/1MM0zHb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

Alex D wrote:
Notch15 wrote:
Alex D wrote:

Here are some pictures of the rusty oil coming from the barrel/monoblock joint on my DT-11. It is the only gun I ever had that does this. I use only clear lube and when I wipe it off it is rust brown.

https://imgur.com/a/1MM0zHb
Alex, you really sound dissatisfied with your DT11. Life's truly to short to shoot a gun you don't like.

What kind of lube are you using on it? I had been using Outers gun grease on my DT11 and it was bad to run and separate and I would get the same type of dirty rusty looking runny buildup on the bottom of my monobloc after shooting. I switched to Super Lube about 1000 rounds ago and that issue has disappeared. The Super Lube does not separate or migrate plus the gun feels like it opens and closes so much smoother and better.

I got my DT11L back in January and have put 7500 rounds through it since then. It looks amazing, it fits amazing, fit and finish are excellent, and I am enjoying it so much. Sure, a little of the jeweling has worn off but the action is still tight and honestly it's built like a tank.

I truly hope you can find a happy place with your DT11.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

Quote:
Alex, you really sound dissatisfied with your DT11. Life's truly to short to shoot a gun you don't like.

What kind of lube are you using on it? I had been using Outers gun grease on my DT11 and it was bad to run and separate and I would get the same type of dirty rusty looking runny buildup on the bottom of my monobloc after shooting. I switched to Super Lube about 1000 rounds ago and that issue has disappeared. The Super Lube does not separate or migrate plus the gun feels like it opens and closes so much smoother and better.

I got my DT11L back in January and have put 7500 rounds through it since then. It looks amazing, it fits amazing, fit and finish are excellent, and I am enjoying it so much. Sure, a little of the jeweling has worn off but the action is still tight and honestly it's built like a tank.

I truly hope you can find a happy place with your DT11.

It's not that I dislike the gun, I just think that Beretta's quality control is poor in some things and for a gun of this price there should be no doubt and no issues. I had the gun now since Feb. 2019 and it's got 12,000+ shells through it. I also shoot it extremely well. It is also the only gun i have with accurate barrels. I miked the barrels of all of my shotguns with a barrel micrometer, and only my berettas have barrels that measure exactly the same and up to advertised spec. My Guerinis have different diameters in upper and lower barrel and they are not right on spec either. Not sure it matters, but that is a part of quality control. The jeweling wear and this brown stuff oozing out of the monoblock should not happen. Point being ... none of my other guns don't do either! I use Ponses-Warren STOS in the actions of all of my shotguns.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:46 pm 
Tournament Grade

I highly doubt anything is oozing from your monoblock. Try a different lube that will not migrate. All 4 berettas O/Us in my house did the very exact same thing you describe with the Outers gun grease I had been using. After shooting them, it looked like a rusty and runny buildup on the bottom front of the monoblock right under the hinge pin slots. Super Lube grease fixed it for me. For $10 it's worth a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-Synthetic-Canister-Translucent/dp/B07VD3FBHJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:35 am 
Presentation Grade

I'll give you $3000 & my 682 Gold Super Sporting just back (well last Oct.) from Coles w/Grade A wood, reblued bbl.'s AND tightened action! Plus about 8 Briley X2 chokes! :D :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 am 
Field Grade

This seems like complaining about two concentric circles becoming visible on the breech face around each firing pin after the first few hundred rounds.