ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:03 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5808
When you send it in make sure they replace the forearm and stock so they match. The wood will need to be fitted.




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:18 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: South east Michigan
Nice !

_________________
Beretta 694 32"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:04 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm
Posts: 276
Location: PHX, AZ
Email Etchens regarding when the 694 Trap with the fixed IM/F barrels would start coming in. Gist of the response was that they won’t be getting any and Beretta won’t be bringing them into the USA. Hopefully they are wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:27 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:59 pm
Posts: 62
bigrobbierob wrote:
Email Etchens regarding when the 694 Trap with the fixed IM/F barrels would start coming in. Gist of the response was that they won’t be getting any and Beretta won’t be bringing them into the USA. Hopefully they are wrong.


If I was Beretta and a customer of one of my largest dealers wanted one, I would ship one. Sounds lame. I wonder when/if the American trap X-Trap version will come out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm
Posts: 276
Location: PHX, AZ
Schnurb wrote:
bigrobbierob wrote:
Email Etchens regarding when the 694 Trap with the fixed IM/F barrels would start coming in. Gist of the response was that they won’t be getting any and Beretta won’t be bringing them into the USA. Hopefully they are wrong.


If I was Beretta and a customer of one of my largest dealers wanted one, I would ship one. Sounds lame. I wonder when/if the American trap X-Trap version will come out.



I asked how hard it would be to get one from overseas on an ATF Form 6 and they said they don’t do imports and to just import one gun would be very cost prohibitive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:19 pm
Posts: 276
Considering one with 30" barrels because the deal is too good to pass up but worried I am buying too short hence the great price.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:23 pm 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:15 pm
Posts: 996
Location: Caledon, Ontario Canada
Tex68W wrote:
Considering one with 30" barrels because the deal is too good to pass up but worried I am buying too short hence the great price.

There’s nothing really wrong with 30 inch barrels… Everybody is on a 32 inch barrel bandwagon including me. I shot 30 inch barrels and cannot say my scores were any better or worse

_________________
2020 Beretta 694 32" BFast
2020 Stoeger M3000 cerekote walnut
2019 Canuck Enforcer 12ga
2019 Henry Long Ranger 6.5CM
2019 Henry LR22 H001L
2018 Henry US survival rifle
2015 Excalibur Micro 335


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:58 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:19 pm
Posts: 276
kuffs06 wrote:
Tex68W wrote:
Considering one with 30" barrels because the deal is too good to pass up but worried I am buying too short hence the great price.

There’s nothing really wrong with 30 inch barrels… Everybody is on a 32 inch barrel bandwagon including me. I shot 30 inch barrels and cannot say my scores were any better or worse


That's good to hear and seems to be the consensus amongst those I've talked with. 30" barrels will more closely resemble my 28" field bird guns which are really my main focus. I plan to shoot SC simply to practice and benefit my upland hunting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:22 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:51 pm
Posts: 94
Location: brisbane,australia
very few shooters in australia use a 32" and they are harder to sell on. most if not all use 30" for everything


Last edited by mickd on Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:24 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: South east Michigan
Most guys I know use 32” Over under
30” on auto .

_________________
Beretta 694 32"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 am 
Presentation Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:15 pm
Posts: 996
Location: Caledon, Ontario Canada
Tex68W wrote:
kuffs06 wrote:
Tex68W wrote:
Considering one with 30" barrels because the deal is too good to pass up but worried I am buying too short hence the great price.

There’s nothing really wrong with 30 inch barrels… Everybody is on a 32 inch barrel bandwagon including me. I shot 30 inch barrels and cannot say my scores were any better or worse


That's good to hear and seems to be the consensus amongst those I've talked with. 30" barrels will more closely resemble my 28" field bird guns which are really my main focus. I plan to shoot SC simply to practice and benefit my upland hunting.


I would double check that. I found my 32” barrels are the same length as my 28” semi. The 30” is definitely shorter. Either way it’s not a huge deal. 32” is what’s preferred up here. Hard to sell a 30”

_________________
2020 Beretta 694 32" BFast
2020 Stoeger M3000 cerekote walnut
2019 Canuck Enforcer 12ga
2019 Henry Long Ranger 6.5CM
2019 Henry LR22 H001L
2018 Henry US survival rifle
2015 Excalibur Micro 335


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:13 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:19 pm
Posts: 276
It seems like here in the states that 32" barrels have been the trend favorite for a while now with some even going up to 34's. While I'd prefer it be a 32" simply for the swing advantage and resell, I doubt that I can personally differentiate between the two at my current clay shooting skill level. I am a wing shooter first and foremost and likely always will be, but I have wanted for a quality, dedicated SC O/U for a while now and I couldn't pass on this amazing deal. If nothing else I can likely offload it to a female or junior shooter in the future should I find the need to lengthen or upgrade. I guess we just have to wait and see if I get bit by the clays bug.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm
Posts: 276
Location: PHX, AZ
Found this relatively new video discussing the 694 Trap model with the fixed IM/F barrels. German video subtitled to English. My hopes have come back up on this model coming into the USA because at the 1:29 mark they zoom into barrels and it clearly states Beretta USA ACCOKEEK MD.

https://youtu.be/9HULDYpN_hI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:33 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 5808
This is nothing new. Beretta makes different guns for different markets. So do others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm
Posts: 276
Location: PHX, AZ
Correct BUT.... There are very few purpose built International Trap that come into the US that’s why this one is exciting outside of the DT11 and Perazzi’s. I only know of about 10-15 of the 692 Trap models that were again gear’d toward International Trap that ever came into country. So those of us who play that game and are looking to upgrade a little should keep an eye out for these.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:02 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:59 pm
Posts: 62
Good eye for details in the video.

Maybe this is an Italian ploy to keep down American bunker competition, ha.

Again, If I could sell another shotgun, I'd throw one in the next shipment. Did Cole's tell you the same thing?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:51 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: South east Michigan
I just had a adjustable comb and but plate installed on my694. The installer said it adds 3 oz .

Using finger on a chair it does seems stock heavy now . So I purchased a b fast magnetic barrel weights added 50 grams to forearm . ( they work nice ,clean easy but $$)

Gun is now neutral balanced . Weighing myself then with gun looks like
9 LBS that’s with barrel weights and stock chocks installed . Bathroom scale ? Accuracy

Is this to heavy. I could put a lighter stock weight in stock I think .

_________________
Beretta 694 32"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:57 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:52 am
Posts: 172
skar wrote:
I just had a adjustable comb and but plate installed on my694. The installer said it adds 3 oz .

Using finger on a chair it does seems stock heavy now . So I purchased a b fast magnetic barrel weights added 50 grams to forearm . ( they work nice ,clean easy but $$)

Gun is now neutral balanced . Weighing myself then with gun looks like
9 LBS that’s with barrel weights and stock chocks installed . Bathroom scale ? Accuracy

Is this to heavy. I could put a lighter stock weight in stock I think .
Shoot 200 targets in a day and see if you like it and how tired you get towards the end.

Do you have b-fast stock weights installed that could be removed to lighten the back end of the gun if desired and needed?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:25 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: South east Michigan
[quote

Whoops double post

_________________
Beretta 694 32"


Last edited by skar on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:30 pm 
Diamond Grade

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: South east Michigan
skar wrote:
shacked wrote:
skar wrote:
I just had a adjustable comb and but plate installed on my694. The installer said it adds 3 oz .

Using finger on a chair it does seems stock heavy now . So I purchased a b fast magnetic barrel weights added 50 grams to forearm . ( they work nice ,clean easy but $$)

Gun is now neutral balanced . Weighing myself then with gun looks like
9 LBS that’s with barrel weights and stock chocks installed . Bathroom scale ? Accuracy

Is this to heavy. I could put a lighter stock weight in stock I think .
Shoot 200 targets in a day and see if you like it and how tired you get towards the end.

Do you have b-fast stock weights installed that could be removed to lighten the back end of the gun if desired and needed?


Ya I sent barrel weights back . Took out two of the weights out off stock like you said .
Gun is balanced and at stock weight .

I did this before I read your reply .
But your right thanks



_________________
Beretta 694 32"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 1977cutcher, 2LegsBetter, 2lo8s, AJ-M12, askewww, Bakerloo, BerettaEd, BG1187, bgfco, Bill M., Bing [Bot], Bladeswitcher, Boch0627, buckmark525, bullseyebill, Byron Whitlock, casonet, castnblast2, cbradford, clayaddiction, ClayBustersNC, clayflingythingy, Cooper4141, Curly N, DanG, Dar10ion, DeidreHamxx, Denver1911, desmobob, dfw_bill, Diddle, dogchaser37, DogDay, Dward, EPSteel, Eric719, Fishingrod, fishrising, Fowlgunner, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Guyfromohio, hes, hopper810, jaguarxk120, jmacgreg, John300exc, johnnie g, kcmetman, kekoa, KRIEGHOFFK80, kyskeet, Lacyb, loneranger, lt0026, Lumberjack98, mactownbob, mb94, McFarmer, misterdom, msmith, NailNinja, Novak77, noweil, Old-School, oneounceload, outdoorbum, painter*, PCinAZ, pintail_drake2004, pops78, pow1, Riflemeister, rtse4me, saskbooknut, sclagg, slotracer577, sneem2, Specklebelly, Station9, Stk218, templetk333, TobyH, ushoot2, Vandyajk, Zman48, zxcvbnm


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice