ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: New Beretta 694
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:05 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi All,

New to the forum and also a new 694 owner.

I was cleaning the preservative oil off the gun this afternoon and I noticed that there is a dark ring in the barrels where the barrels are brazed onto the monoblock. It looks like the transition between the chambers and forcing cones. I tried a phosphor brush to scrub them but nothing is coming off (but I understand that these barrels are not chrome-lined). Also, using a plastic pick I can feel a very slight seam where the barrels meet the monoblock I'm assuming and the dark area doesn't feel skating rink slick like the chambers or farther up the forcing cones. Its not very rough but I can definitely feel very slight drag like the area wasn't fine polished.

Attachment:
20200627_143347 (1).jpeg

Warranty claim or nothing out of the ordinary?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:58 pm 
Utility Grade

Take a brass 12g brush, some good cleaning solvent & attach it to a cordless drill.See if that removes anything. The brush on the drill shouldn’t hurt it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:30 pm 
Field Grade

How did you take that pic? Flash light at which end. I’ll check my 694 for same. Prob no big deal. Go shoot 500 through it and blow it out!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:33 pm 
Crown Grade

I did a light cleaning of my new 687 before shooting and thoroughly cleaned it after. During the after shooting cleaning I noticed some black threads of dirt on the swabs. Not just the usual blackening of the swabs, but actual thread of dirt. No idea what I was. Kept swabbing with cleaner until it cleared. No telling what you will find in a new gun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:28 pm 
Utility Grade

crc419 wrote:
How did you take that pic? Flash light at which end. I’ll check my 694 for same. Prob no big deal. Go shoot 500 through it and blow it out!!

No flashlight. Just pointing it at the window. Picture shows the chamber and forcing cone. The black line (actually an optical illusion) is actually the area where the chamber meets the forcing cone. With oblique lighting it looks more like a zone where the polishing isn't as pristine.

I really hope its nothing as I'm probably going to the patterning plate on Tuesday. Its really amazing how well this Beretta fits me with no modification to the stock except more cast-on on the comb and adjusted drop. My other gun (Blaser F16 currently in the shop for broken wood) has a much flatter comb but more aggressive left hand cast had to have the stock cut down to 13 9/16" LOP (the maximum cut) for the gun to fit. I'm getting the same sight picture with the Beretta at 14 5/8" LOP (no cutting) but the B-FAST stock has a bit more drop at heel.

We'll see how it kicks on Tuesday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10