ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New DT11 Acs double fired
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:03 pm 
Field Grade

Any one have any issues with DT11 double firing?
Mine is the DT11 acs new from Etchen. About 1,500
Rounds through it. Purched new 11-5-19. Today had it
Double fire 2 different times. 1200fps loads

Post subject: Re: New DT11 Acs double fired
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:39 am 
Crown Grade

Were you wearing gloves that caused a fan fire? Are you sure both went off at the same time? A difference between double and fan fire. See if it happens with someone else using the gun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:51 am 
Field Grade

No gloves. It happened the first time while another guy was checking out my new gun. I thought maybe he did something wrong and didn't think much of it as it only had 300 round through it. Now it did it to me twice in one day. And it's just one big boom. $9,000 dont get you much any more. Very disappointed. Berettra will take care of it but was just getting started for this years sporting. Pain in the a$$. This is why I bought new.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:03 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Even though it's new have you pulled the trigger group and giving it a cleaning? If not give it a try as there MAY be a small piece of crud in there causing the problem. An easy and quick thing to try before possibly sending it off. :)

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)
Caney Creek- Teague TX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:23 am 
Field Grade

In addition to cleaning, I recommend giving Cole's a call and see what they say. If you call Beretta for support, they are just going to tell you to ship the gun to them.

Please keep us posted on what you find out here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:42 am 
Presentation Grade

I've owned a DT11 ACS since 2015 and have never had a double fire.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:52 pm 
Crown Grade

410 gunner wrote:
No gloves. It happened the first time while another guy was checking out my new gun. I thought maybe he did something wrong and didn't think much of it as it only had 300 round through it. Now it did it to me twice in one day. And it's just one big boom. $9,000 dont get you much any more. Very disappointed. Berettra will take care of it but was just getting started for this years sporting. Pain in the a$$. This is why I bought new.

You friend had bad juju. Shame. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mine has doubled one time. It was when I handed it to an old hunter but new target shooter who immediately fiddled with the safety & barrel selector, lifted the gun & yelled “pull”. Both barrels went off. He never reached for it again & I didn’t offer. A k-80 owner shooting with us said his gun would do that when the selector wasn’t all the way over. It’s fired 10,000 rounds since without a glitch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:20 am 
Field Grade

Thank you for the info. I will give trigger a look over and a clean. I hear for some they can be tricky to put back in. I will keep an eye on every else you mentioned. Thanks again

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:13 pm 
Field Grade

I heard that getting the trigger back in can be tricky too. My experience since I got my DT11 last month is that it is very simple and easy and I've done it about 10 times now. Makes me wonder if it's gun specific as to how easy or hard the process is. Hopefully an easy thing for you. If you do have problems, PM me and I'm happy to try to help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

shacked wrote:
I heard that getting the trigger back in can be tricky too. My experience since I got my DT11 last month is that it is very simple and easy and I've done it about 10 times now. Makes me wonder if it's gun specific as to how easy or hard the process is. Hopefully an easy thing for you. If you do have problems, PM me and I'm happy to try to help.

It depends what you are used to. As a Perazzi owner I found it a bit more complicated to remove and replace the trigger on the DT11. It took me a few attempts before I got the hang of it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I had the same problem with a DT-10. Sent the trigger group to Coles and they replaced the sears on my dime; end of problem

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Have had my DT-11 Trap Combo for 6 years now. Never had a double fire. The only trouble I have had with my triggers is after a few years, I had a sear spring break and 1 bbl would not cock. Changed triggers and continued my shooting, Coles fixed with new stronger springs. Last year I had another issue while shooting and again swapped triggers, continued no problem. Had a broken hammer spring, Coles fixed that for me also. VERY HAPPY with Coles for service, and have quit looking for my perfect gun, as I have it.