ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello , im chasing info on a Beretta shotgun
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:35 am 
Utility Grade

im looking for some info on a Beretta 52 , under\over 12g shotgun , l know it's a older one but can't find out anything about them , anyone here know\herd of that model ? . thanks if you reply

Post subject: Re: Hello , im chasing info on a Beretta shotgun
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

Blue book has information starting with model 55, 56, 57 etc. I don't show anything called a model 52 in the O/U category. I might look further, but I need to know more. Is it a sporting gun, field gun, etc?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 am 
Utility Grade

Trap gun we believe as it has fixed chokes , local gun shop to me believes it,s a Very old gun (approx 50 yr old) but in very good condition , face shows no markings (or wear marks) , closes tight , blueing is really good , timber is in excellent shape etc , over all a nice clean gun , just wanted to learn more about it and if it was worth owning

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Contact Ken Pendelton at [email protected]
He will tell you anything you want to know about it

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:40 pm 
Presentation Grade

Much information, including date, can be read from proof marks.
Clear pictures of barrels and barrel flats, and action flats would help us help you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:54 am 
Utility Grade

l haven't bought it yet , that's why l was looking for info to see weather it's a reasonable gun to own

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:21 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

NQ Shooter wrote:
Trap gun we believe as it has fixed chokes , local gun shop to me believes it,s a Very old gun (approx 50 yr old) but in very good condition , face shows no markings (or wear marks) , closes tight , blueing is really good , timber is in excellent shape etc , over all a nice clean gun , just wanted to learn more about it and if it was worth owning

Worth owning for what purpose? You say it's a trap gun. Do you shoot trap?

If you're looking for a shooter, surely there are better choices among more modern guns. What are they asking for the gun? If it fits your budget and it does everything you need a shotgun to do, then, yes, it's worth owning. An older, fixed choke gun would have to be pretty cheap to compete against the utility of a modern gun, though. Is there some reason you prefer this one over all the other, better known/more current offerings?

As a collectible or curiosity? Only you can answer that. Does it appeal to you? Can you afford it? What difference does it make what others or "the market" value it at? What matters is what you value it at.

But, to answer your question, I've never seen a Model 52 Beretta. I've seen a Model 57 offered for sale. I imagine the 52 was simply an older version of Beretta's basic over/under design. Perhaps its a foreign model that's not seen here in the U.S.

Also, you didn't mention barrel length or choke. That would tell you a lot about the desirability of the gun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:51 am 
Tournament Grade

Is it a model 52 or could it perhaps be a model S2 ? Never heard of a model 52 but I have had a model S2.