ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A400 Bolt Wear?
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:19 pm 
Utility Grade

I broke my A400 Xtreme down today and noticed groves long the top of my bolt carrier assembly. I they look like they are machining marks but I'm not 100% sure. My father inlaws Xtreme and Upland are completely smooth. Anyone come across this before? The gun functions with no issues.Image

Post subject: Re: A400 Bolt Wear?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:15 am 
Presentation Grade

i just looked at my A400 xcel, smooth as glass, extremely discolored, but that gun has north of 25,000 rounds through it so.

That's very interesting wear, if you don't mind me asking, what are you running for oil? are you lubing the bolt and the rails?

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:18 pm 
Utility Grade

gdub41 wrote:
i just looked at my A400 xcel, smooth as glass, extremely discolored, but that gun has north of 25,000 rounds through it so.

That's very interesting wear, if you don't mind me asking, what are you running for oil? are you lubing the bolt and the rails?

I’m trying to figure out how it would wear vertically like that. I would think if it was rubbing against something it would be horizontal across the bolt. There is no wear on the back end of the barrel that slides into the receiver either. I’m using M-Pro 7 & lubing the bolt and the rails. Gun hasn’t been in any extreme conditions and cleaned after each use. I may send an email to Beretta and see what they say.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:32 am 
Utility Grade

After talking with Beretta "nothing appears unusual".

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:53 pm 
Limited Edition

That's machine marks. I've seen it all the time on AR15 bolt carriers, some are smooth and the next one like like yours. It's cosmetic and won't affect function.