ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta Whitewing 12ga. Weak eject
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:40 pm 
Utility Grade

Ive noticed that when i break open my shotgun with force, the top shell will eject, and the bottom one will seem to only come halfway out. If i open it normaly the bottom one wont move past the ejector finger and i have to use my nail to get it out and the upper one will only come out halfway and i have to pull them out. Ive tried taking them apart and cleaning them and their pockets. As well as checked the operation. It seems that they seem to pop our forcefully regardless of how i open it when i dry fire it. I have a feeling that my hulls are expanding and getting kind of stuck but im not sure why the force at which i ooen it would matter

Post subject: Re: Beretta Whitewing 12ga. Weak eject
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:58 pm 
Crown Grade

Most like hull is sticking. Are you shooting a premium hull that has a brass base such as Winchester AA or Remington STS/Nitro? Steel base hulls expand and don't relax like the brass ones. Steel sometime expand in a tight or dirty chamber and don't eject.

Have you cleaned the chambers?