ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1 Model 2019 Field
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:13 am 
Utility Grade

How much weighs the 2019 model 686 SP1 field in real world numbers ?
How many rounds will this gun last until it gets "loose" ?
I am seriously interested in buying a new one.
Thank you !

Post subject: Re: Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1 Model 2019 Field
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:22 am 
Crown Grade

6.8 lbs. It will last a lifetime properly lubed and cleaned. As a field gun it won't be shot as much as a target gun. Even the target guns last a long time. Both are rebuildable by and competent gunsmith. Even then that's after many thousands of rounds. Consider it a forever gun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:16 am 
Diamond Grade

I just had the SP 1 I bought used a few years ago completely rebuilt by Cole's. I couldn't be happier with it.

It is virtually brand new mechanically. Prior to the tightening and tune up, I shot it quite a bit for several years and the lever was just a tad right of six o' clock when I originally bought it.

You may NEVER need to tighten yours. If so, they are virtually almost infinitely rebuildable. At least two or three over sized locking bolt sizes from original are available, and then bushings after that to tighten it again as I understand it?

I'm a senior, but even I were young, I'm positive I'll get my investment's worth in use and enjoyment before it ever wears out.

Good luck!

Last edited by Grouse Gunner on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:28 pm 
Utility Grade

I had not the chance to see the fabarm l4s, they will import it to Romania in two weeks but i think i will buy the 686, much more reliable, no feeding / shooting issues, classic style / better looking and same weight!
I will use it for hares and pheasant and very rare to the range for training to gain skill.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

You cannot go wrong with a Beretta 680 series gun. I have been shooting my 687 Silver Pigeon V both in the field and on targets for the better part of 10 years. I have probably shot four to five thousand rounds through the gun and it is as tight as the day it was bought. Just keep it properly lubed when assembling it to shoot. Good luck with your new gun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have 4 different 686 models. All are slim, well-balanced and great handling guns. With the kind of shooting you will be doing, you will not wear it out. A Silver Pigeon will work great on hares and pheasants. You will not regret getting one. Enjoy.