ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help with pricing a Beretta 390 Diamond Sporting 12ga.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 am 
Tournament Grade

I have a 12 gauge 390 Diamond Beretta that I am looking to sell but need to know what it may be worth. The prices i can find are all over the place so just looking for a little expert advice. It is a sporting mode with small upgrades from angle port. Any info can help.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Need help with pricing a Beretta 390 Diamond Sporting 12
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:51 am 
Presentation Grade

The diamond version is just a basic 390 with extra “machine” engraving and “gold colored” bits...And once the gun has been shot, the value takes a hit. Other factors should have a greater impact on the value...things like barrel length, sporting rib, and porting (factory or aftermarket). Some love porting...but many more do not. Does the gun come with a full set of chokes...factory or aftermarket...and are the chokes matched to the bore ID? Does the wood have any dents, chips, or cracks...these will also affect value.

I would think that a 390 diamond In good to great shape should fetch $875 to $950.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I agree pretty much with cleboje. Barrel length and overall condition are the main determinants of the value of that gun.

I couldn't get the pics to open, so I couldn't take a close look at the pics. The barrel looks like 28". Can you confirm? Really, you need some better pics in my opinion.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:52 am 
Crown Grade

Once a gun goes out the door by the original owner it becomes pre-owned no matter if it's been shot or not. It's called depreciation. 50% of full retail is a place to start. The used gun market is very soft right now. When I see terms LNIB, unfired or rare I know the price is going to be inflated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:08 pm 
Diamond Grade

I will take it for the prices these guys are telling you its worth. Just tell me where to pay.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:34 am 
Presentation Grade

Depends on wear inside the receiver, barrel Length and modifications (backboring, porting), wood quality. Pretty rare guns. I think they sold for around $3000 new.
New condition 30” unmodified $2.5-3k +/-
well used / modified $1k-1.5k +/-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:10 am 
Crown Grade

Well you have a buyer. Tell him to show you the $$$$. 500 to 1000 of these were made. The modifications by Angleport don't help. That isn't the original magazine cap, bolt release, butt/recoil pad and chokes. If it has 28 inch barrel that's another minus. Guns are worth what a buyer is willing to pay. Otherwise they collect dust at unreasonable prices. On used guns we always started at 50% of full retail. More if the gun was a trade on a new gun, we just made it up on the back end of the new gun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The more I look at those pictures, the more doubt I have as to the value of the gun. The OP has not provided any additional info to answer the question on barrel length. The more I look at the barrel, the shorter it looks. I'm now thinking it may be only a 26" barrel which would really hurt the market value of the gun.

For that matter, the buttstock looks short to me. Perhaps this gun has been shortened for a shorter (perhaps female) shooter. And the barrel appears rather dull in finish which could mean this is a field barrel and perhaps not the original barrel.

Again, until we get some more info on barrel length, LOP, and a few other things, there's no way of making a reasonable estimate of the value of the gun. From what I can see, I'm pretty sure that the value is under $1,000 and perhaps under $800 if the stock has been cut to less than 14" LOP and the barrel is only 26". If someone wants to pay $1,000 or more for that gun, I suggest that the seller grab that deal before the buyer changes his mind.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:55 pm 
Field Grade

PM sent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:32 am 
Diamond Grade

The guy sold the gun right away after posting this. I tried to buy it but it was gone.