ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First Beretta O/U- Recoil Pad?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:05 am 
Utility Grade

So I just purchased a used 686 onyx on gun broker. Don’t know if I got a good deal or not, but I’m not too worried about it. The previous owner swapped stocks so it has a very nice Sport stock on it, but still the original recoil pad which is smaller than the stock.

So I want a recoil pad that fits the stock properly. What seems to be the best one out there? Shotgun will be used for bird hunting and some sheet/trap shooting.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Post subject: Re: First Beretta O/U- Recoil Pad?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Bigstick17 wrote:
So I just purchased a used 686 onyx on gun broker. Don’t know if I got a good deal or not, but I’m not too worried about it. The previous owner swapped stocks so it has a very nice Sport stock on it, but still the original recoil pad which is smaller than the stock.

So I want a recoil pad that fits the stock properly. What seems to be the best one out there? Shotgun will be used for bird hunting and some sheet/trap shooting.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Grind to fit pad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:52 pm 
Utility Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Grind to fit pad.

I certainly don’t want a slip on. Looking more so for recommendation maybe on brand/models. I see all different kinds out there: limbsaver, kick eez, pachmyer, beretta...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:59 pm 
Crown Grade

I like the kick-eeze pads myself.

One of Many

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:24 pm 
Crown Grade

Bigstick17 wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
Grind to fit pad.

I certainly don’t want a slip on. Looking more so for recommendation maybe on brand/models. I see all different kinds out there: limbsaver, kick eez, pachmyer, beretta...

Grind to fit is NOT a slip on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Beretta comes with 2 different sized stocks and pre fit pads for each. The new pads are called Micro Core and are good pads. The Beretta pads come in one size for the field stock and one size for the sporter stock. You can order them directly from Beretta USA or from other suppliers. I just bought a sporter pad and I think it was just under $60 delivered. I got it from Beretta USA and the service was excellent. These pads come in different thicknesses and fit pretty well if the stock has not been cut. If it has a Beretta pad on it now with the little bumps on the back the stock has not been cut. Measure the length of the pad needed. Then check the Beretta pre fit pads. I bet they work.

I also have and like stocks with the Kickeze grind to fit pads. If I cut a stock for length that is what I use. It is probably about $150 to cut a stock to length and fit a grind to fit pad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:08 pm 
Utility Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Grind to fit is NOT a slip on.

I’m aware of that. Do you have a brand suggestion?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:37 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

For hunting I’d say a Pachmayr pad. They are more durable than a Kick Eez pad. I’d skip the one with the plastic insert in it for easy mounting. It’s just a place where you can get separation. There are lots of models to choose from but for hunting I assume you’d still want something that mounts easy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carpenters-Custom-Gunstocks-LLC/378909012204503

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:10 pm 
Crown Grade

If it is a grind-to-fit pad, I like the Kick EEZ pads. If it is a pre-fit type then the Limbsaver brand seems to have many different sizes to fit most stocks. Both of those pads really work on the recoil. I have also used the Micro Cell pad from Remington and it too really softens recoil.

I agree with dcblvsh2 and have and still do use a Pachmayr Old English style pad on my upland gun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:37 pm 
Crown Grade

I have a Pachymar Decelerator on a Browning that has been on the gun since 1995; Kick-Eez is also another good brand. I would also check out the Beretta pads as you might be able to simply install it yourself without a gunsmith grinding it to fit.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:09 am 
Presentation Grade

Buy the beretta micro core. Assuming your stock is unaltered, No grinding, fits perfect, and you can buy different thicknesses for summer/winter.

Buy new or look on eBay for cheaper.
https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/berett ... ad/e7302s/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:22 am 
Diamond Grade

The Beretta MicroCore pads may seem expensive but are a perfect fit and available in different thicknesses to adjust your fit. If your budget is really tight, you can sell the MicroCore pad you are replacing and recoup some of the cost.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:52 am 
Crown Grade

desmobob wrote:
The Beretta MicroCore pads may seem expensive but are a perfect fit and available in different thicknesses to adjust your fit. If your budget is really tight, you can sell the MicroCore pad you are replacing and recoup some of the cost.

{hs# This makes a lot of sense to me. Great idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I just put a new Micro Core profited pad on a new stock that I bought from Coles. It fit very well and it is a lightweight pad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

Numrich at https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ has Beretta Microcore Sporting recoil pads for $15 to $22 new plus shipping still under $30 ! Could not find them this cheap anywhere ever.

DT-11 Sptg. Black B-Fast 30" - DT-11 Sptg. B-Fast 30" - 692 Black B-Fast 30” - A400 Xcel MT 32"- CG Invictus VII - CZ Sharptail Target 30" - TriStar TT-15 CTA DeLuxe 32"/34" - Rem. 11-87 SP 25.5 - Mossy 935 JM Pro ORE3GUN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:28 pm 
Crown Grade

I just bought a new Beretta Micro pad for a A400 Xplor as the original was literally disintegrating - simply remove two screws, remove and replace and screw two screws back in - no grinding; took 2 minutes........

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:42 pm 
Diamond Grade

Alex D wrote:
Numrich at https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ has Beretta Microcore Sporting recoil pads for $15 to $22 new plus shipping still under $30 ! Could not find them this cheap anywhere ever.

That's a great price!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes. a good price. mine was $57 shipped from Beretta and the Amazon listing was about the same.