ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta barrels
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:36 pm 
Field Grade

I have read that the 1420kg under my barrels is whiegh of barrels and also read that it is the preasure test of the barrels, can sombody clear this up for me. thanks Steve!

Post subject: Re: Beretta barrels
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

It's the weight of the barrels. It's actually 1.420 KG, which is about 3.13 pounds.

The pressure is not marked on the barrels. The proof marks indicate the level of proof of the gun and requires looking up in references the proof pressure for that mark(s).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:53 pm 
Field Grade

Thank you for your reply and that clears it up for me, I have a qustion for you why would a person need to know the wieght of the barrels. Thanks Steve!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

As a quick method to determine if the barrels have been back bored or honed if you don't have measuring tools. If a set of barrels has been back bored or honed enough to reduce the weight it may no longer be in proof. It is common for continental European countries to mark the weight of barrels and all 7 of our Italian and Spanish double guns are so marked. My Italian made Beretta 390 semi-auto barrel does not have the weight marked on it but the receiver is marked made in USA.