ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did Beretta make two different models under the same model?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:31 pm 
Field Grade

While I'm looking to find a buttstock and forend for a Beretta A303, I've found that I could use the parts from the following models: A300, A301, A302 and of course the A303.
Did Beretta use the model number A300 in the 60's & 70's and again with the A300 Outlander, or are they the same gun? I ask because if I try to locate parts from an A300 all I ever come across is the Outlander (except on a Beretta parts site in Italy) and I thought that was a much newer model. Even looking at a Beretta parts website in Italy, they don't reference an Outlander. Only the A300 1A and the A300 2A. Which I'm guessing the 2A is an updated revision of the 1A, that from what I can tell eliminated the magazine cutoff from the receiver???

Post subject: Re: Did Beretta make two different models under the same mod
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

Beretta first made a model A300 from 1965 to 1970. It may have been available only in European markets; not in the US. I know I've seen information on them, but I could barely find a mention of it when searching the 'net. Definitely not the same gun as the newer A300 Outlander.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/secondhand-beretta-semi-autos-review

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:22 pm 
Field Grade

desmobob wrote:
Beretta first made a model A300 from 1965 to 1970. It may have been available only in European markets; not in the US. I know I've seen information on them, but I could barely find a mention of it when searching the 'net.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/secondhand-beretta-semi-autos-review

Thank you, that makes a lot sense, but even with that, I wonder why they would use the same model number on two different guns decades apart.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The A300 was the predecessor to the 303.

The A300 Outlander is basically a rebranded 391 from what I can tell.

I wouldn't count on many if any parts for a Outlander working in the older gun.

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:18 pm 
Diamond Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
The A300 was the predecessor to the 303.

The A300 Outlander is basically a rebranded 391 from what I can tell.

The A300 Outlander has a much different (more complicated) gas piston design than the old A300 through AL391 models. It is certainly as reliable (and maybe can shoot more between cleanings), but only time will tell if it's as durable.

I have an AL390 Silver Mallard, an AL391 Urika, and an A300 Outlander. Like with a lot of things, going backwards along the time line seems to show an increase in quality. (Although the A400 is probably more fitting as the third and latest gun in this evolution.) But I love all three and they function perfectly.