ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A390 spare parts
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 am 
Utility Grade

I’m the proud new owner of an A390. The primary purpose of the gun will be duck hunting in salt water. I’d like to build an inventory of spare parts for things that have been known to break or need replacing. From what little reading I’ve done, that looks like:
Recoil spring
Connecting rod
Hammer braces
Cole gas valve spring kit

Anything else? I plan to replace the recoil spring and gas springs immediately, and just have the other things on hand.

Post subject: Re: A390 spare parts
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:48 am 
Diamond Grade

When you replace the recoil spring, it's a good idea to buy both a stainless steel recoil spring tube and spring. That assembly is a hidden part that can sometimes get attacked by moisture or water.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:41 am 
Crown Grade

Firing pin spring, hammer spring, connecting rod pin, trigger group pin and magazine spring. It's an expensive part but the breech bolt slides have been known to break. You will see the shiny marks on these where they wear. I see no need for the Coles Spring Kit on a 390 hunting gun. Besides they only sell one spring now. No longer more than that.

Last edited by lt0026 on Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:54 am 
Diamond Grade

I forgot to say Congratulations on the AL390. Mine has been in the duck marshes for 23 years and is still going strong. It has been a dependable companion and one of my all-time favorite firearms.

The only parts I've replaced on mine are the recoil spring and tube. I bought the stainless steel replacement set from Sure Cycle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:58 am 
Crown Grade

I would stock spare parts because these guns are getting very long in the tooth. Good insurance. The 390 doesn't have a recoil buffer like the 391. Be careful of peening if you use really hot loads.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:11 am 
Tournament Grade

Not a hunter but I own a 390 with approx 100K rds through it, mostly [email protected] fps. All I've had go wrong was a cracked connecting rod at about 40K and a broken firing pin spring at about 80K. Recoil spring was replaced about every 20K. I bought the Cole kit but have not used it, it might be of some benefit with heavy loads. You can have mine for $20. if you feel the need.