ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A400 28ga bolt won’t fully close
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:53 pm 
Field Grade

Today in the middle of a round of 5 stand the bolt would not close, only 1/2 way forward. It worked fine the first 12 shots. When I remove the barrel the bolt will go fully forward. It appears to be hitting something on the barrel/chamber sleeve. May be the protruding tab looks almost like an extractor up close and can be seen protruding on the left side of the picture. This “extractor”is on the end of a spring loaded pin that is in the wall of the barrel sleeve. I am not sure what this pin is for and if it should retract as part on the cycling of the action.

I have added a second photo that shows the “extractor” the spring is pushing it up against a hollow roll pin on the right side of the extractor.

https://imgur.com/a/Xc4zr8v
https://i.imgur.com/qeOiIWg.jpg

Last edited by Pullandmark on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A400 28ga bolt won’t fully close
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:35 am 
Crown Grade

Are you using reloads? If so check the sizing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:38 am 
Field Grade

Factory shells and the bolt won’t close unloaded with the barrel on but it wii with the barrel off.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:02 am 
Crown Grade

Make sure the recoil spring isn't binding and the plastic sleeve is installed properly. Also check the forearm for obstruction. Take the barrel out but leave the forearm on. Then work the action.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:19 pm 
Limited Edition

MAke sure there isn't a problem with the gas piston. That piston has to go up inside the gas tube or the bolt will not close. That would not be a problem if the barrel is off. Just a suggestion.