ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UGB-25 Value and rarity?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:57 pm 
Field Grade

Hello all.

I like odd things, The UGB-25 fits that bill quite nicely!

Maybe sometime down the road I may want to get one. What might I expect in the price and and difficulty in finding one for sale?

Almost got a widow maker recently (Winchester 1911), Pissed I passed on it. But case in point it was SUPER cheap for a renowned and rareish gun, Hopefully the UGB-25 is also cheap!

Anyways thanks for any info!
George Z

Post subject: Re: UGB-25 Value and rarity?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:35 pm 
Presentation Grade

Unless $2500 is considered cheap, you might be disappointed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:54 pm 
Crown Grade

They were a huge flop and discontinued in the US. They were closed out at $1999.00 new by Michael Murphy. Parts could be a problem. I wouldn't give more than $1000. They aren't rare or collectable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Beretta UGB25 shotgun was a solution to a non-existent problem. That's likely why it was a commercial flop. I suppose that if you just want to own a conversation piece and don't care much whether it's practical or worth the money spent to buy one, then go ahead and buy one. Just be prepared to own it forever or be willing to take a big loss to get rid of it because I just don't think there's a great market demand for them.

Who knows? It might turn out to be in big demand in 30 years due to its rarity and uniqueness. OTOH, in 30 years you might scratch your head and ask yourself "What was I thinking when I paid good money for this thing?"

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:35 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It was Beretta’s Edsel. I agree with all of the above. Regarding collectibility, Berettas for some reason don’t seem to be very collectible. As it was put to me one time by a dealer: “There aren’t many Beretta collectors out there but lots of Beretta accumulators”.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:03 am 
Crown Grade

I liked mine!
Only ever jammed with Winchester Universal shells.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:42 pm 
Crown Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
I liked mine!
Only ever jammed with Winchester Universal shells.

Nothing unique about that experience. Those factory seconds Universal's, are known to cause many different guns to malfunction.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:35 am 
Limited Edition

I owned 3-4 of them in both trap and sporting configurations. I’m a lefty and liked the bottom ejection. They are unique and some have said they were designed for the European market where only break open guns are allowed. They are a bit cumbersome and not very dynamic and they are a b***h to reassemble, when taken down. You could use 3 hands to get everything lined up. They were fun, but became tiresome. As far as value, anything over $1500 is too much in today’s market.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:01 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks all,
Ya I am not looking to buy it for anything else other then its unique action design and a conversation piece and to shoot trap for fun with. Wouldn't be looking to flip it unless the market did some crazy 180 and it became worth a lot. But definitely not planning for that, would be happy to keep it till I die.

So it seems the census is 1-2.5k with it being more on the cheaper side. That isn't to bad, I will have to be on the lookout mid next year then maybe if stuff goes as I hope.

What I didnt catch was how hard it might be to find, I have not seen them for sale, But wdavis has owned 3-4 of them. Should I just start hitting up shotgun forums WTB sections at the time? I kinda feel I don't see them for sale cause it is hard to sell more so then it is super rare right?

Anyways thanks for all the info!
George

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:08 pm 
Crown Grade

George Z wrote:
Thanks all,
Ya I am not looking to buy it for anything else other then its unique action design and a conversation piece and to shoot trap for fun with. Wouldn't be looking to flip it unless the market did some crazy 180 and it became worth a lot. But definitely not planning for that, would be happy to keep it till I die.

So it seems the census is 1-2.5k with it being more on the cheaper side. That isn't to bad, I will have to be on the lookout mid next year then maybe if stuff goes as I hope.

What I didnt catch was how hard it might be to find, I have not seen them for sale, But wdavis has owned 3-4 of them. Should I just start hitting up shotgun forums WTB sections at the time? I kinda feel I don't see them for sale cause it is hard to sell more so then it is super rare right?

Anyways thanks for all the info!
George

I don't know the production numbers but I am sure that they did not sell a bunch of them. Certainly not here in the US. So I suspect it is a combination of not that many available, and they not being easy to sell. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:22 pm 
Crown Grade

Be patient. They show up from time to time in various places. Cabelas Gun Library, Gun Broker or Guns International.

Posting WTB here and other forums a good idea too.

Shot with a fellow late 2019 that has one as a backup gun. Was having a rough time with his Blaser that day and broke out the UGB25 and shot the last 150 or so targets with it. It worked great that day and he shot it very well. First one I had spent that much time around. Very few seemed to make it into the New England market.

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:36 pm 
Crown Grade

They were designed for the Euro and similar markets where regular semis are not allowed on the the trap field; they offered the advantage of the recoil reduction of a gas gun with the break open safety feature of the O/U.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin