ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Premium Beretta O/U
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:41 am 
Limited Edition

Guys, I presently shoot a 12 and 20ga Beretta 691 Silver Pigeon 1 but mostly the 20ga, I would like to upgrade to a premium Beretta 20ga 28/30 inch. I am not happy with the triggers on the 691's every so often the triggers will bind up causing me to miss a bird and lose a point??? What is a good upgrade without going crazy with price, I want to get another 20ga looking to spend 5k or more if I have to. Thanks Joe

Post subject: Re: Premium Beretta O/U
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:21 am 
Limited Edition

The next higher grade guns are simply variations of the 68 and 69 series gun. Beretta adds better wood, more engraving, and inlays, but essentially the gun is the same, or close to, what you already have. The next series beyond that is the DT11 gun. Really wonderful, but costly for many of us. They are around $11,000. Since the cost is high may I suggest you have a good Beretta mechanic address the problems with your gun. The cost of the work will be much less than a new gun and you retain a well made, updated version of a classic Beretta O/U. As an aside, while I don’t own a 69 series gun I own several 686 guns. Friends I shoot with do, however, own a number of the new guns and they love them. I’ve shot the new gun and would consider one if anything happened to one of mine, but I doubt that will happen in this lifetime. Although some don’t believe it these are heirloom guns.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

I’m not familiar with the 691, or if the triggers on the 691 and 686 are the same or not. I’ve had 7-8 686(sp1) and they including the triggers have been flawless.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:33 pm 
Limited Edition

I agree with Dward. Talk to someone from Cole's or Briley about your problem and have them tune up the gun you have.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

Exactly. Beretta is like a ford or chevy. Reliable and most parts are easily had /replaceable. Cole will fix it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:35 am 
Tournament Grade

I too own several 680 series guns in various gauges and only once in many years did I have a fail to fire in my 12 gauge 687 SP V when pheasant hunting. In this instance the barrel selector for some reason was in the middle between the selection of the barrels and when I pulled the trigger it felt like the trigger was not engaged and the gun did not fire. This only happened that one time and never again. Other than that occasion I have never had a malfunction with my 680 series guns. In fact, my wife shoots a 686 SP1 as does my grandson and they have never experienced any issues. I too suggest that you have a good smith address your trigger issue and save yourself a great deal of money.