ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 686 with B fast comb
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:45 pm 
Limited Edition

I have a 3 Beretta 686 over and under shotguns. The 20 ga and the 28 ga are the sporting models with the "B-Fast" adjust able comb, 30" and the .410 is the field model, 28" standard stock. They have performed well over many years of skeet shooting with just barrel cleaning and receiver lube. It's time to remove the stocks and clean the trigger assy and internal receiver works.
After removing the butt pads the .410 field appears easy , just an allen bolt must be metric, what size?,
The 20 and 28 look a little different (with BFast) , a mounting screw for the comb passes through through the access hole so obviously that must be removed, and then it appears that hex bolt head in the middle of a steel bushing holds the stock on. What size is this socket? It looks like it would need to be a thin wall socket or is there a special tool?
Help me out guys.

Post subject: Re: Beretta 686 with B fast comb
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:53 am 
Field Grade

The Allen wrench is 6 mill .Steve!

Last edited by 3'12 on Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Beretta 686 with B fast comb
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:40 pm 
Limited Edition

A friend of mine mentioned that he had bought a stock tool many years ago from Beretta. He loaned it to me and it worked fine. I did have to remove the adj comb bracket though. The tool is nothing more than a 8 inch long 6mm tee handle allen wrench.
Problem solved.