ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta A400 Manual where are the figures??
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:33 pm 
Limited Edition

Just bought a new Beretta A400. No manual as is says they are online. However the online one I find:

https://www.beretta.com/assets/12/29/A4 ... Manual.pdf

references a whole bunch of figures, none of which seem to be in that document. What am I missing??

Post subject: Re: Beretta A400 Manual where are the figures??
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Those are the pictures at the rear of the book that I got with mine. They appear after the notes section in my manual that I got with the gun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:01 pm 
Limited Edition

lt0026 wrote:
Those are the pictures at the rear of the book that I got with mine. They appear after the notes section in my manual that I got with the gun.

That PDF just ends at the notes though--I wonder if they are in a different language section

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:05 pm 
Limited Edition

This was loose in the box:

What is it? Is is just packing or part of the piston?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Doesn't look like any part of the piston; if plastic, most likely packaging.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 am 
Tournament Grade

I don't remember that part when I unpacked my Xcel. I wonder if it was put in the muzzle at the factory in order to protect the end of the barrel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:40 am 
Limited Edition

jpari wrote:
I don't remember that part when I unpacked my Xcel. I wonder if it was put in the muzzle at the factory in order to protect the end of the barrel.

That could be correct--it also fits on the end of the mag with the mag cap removed, but the end of the barrel makes more sense.

Post subject: Beretta A400 Manual where are the figures??
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 pm 
Utility Grade

I believe it is used to remove the magazine cap. That’s what I was told when I purchased my gun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 pm 
Limited Edition

Go to Cole’s..On their website you can see the figures for the parts..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:21 pm 
Limited Edition

jml wrote:
Go to Cole’s..On their website you can see the figures for the parts..

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:56 pm 
Utility Grade

That plastic piece allows you to remove the magazine cap as it depresses the 4 pop-up pins that hold it on on the hunting guns with the quick detach cap.

And it sucks that Beretta dropped their paper manual! I believe I have one on order for my A400 Black Sporting I just bought...there is a form you can fill out out and mail to them to get one, but I've tried to get one by contacting them on-line since I live in Canada...we'll see if they send it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:53 pm 
Limited Edition

Blockcaver wrote:
That plastic piece allows you to remove the magazine cap as it depresses the 4 pop-up pins that hold it on on the hunting guns with the quick detach cap.

And it sucks that Beretta dropped their paper manual! I believe I have one on order for my A400 Black Sporting I just bought...there is a form you can fill out out and mail to them to get one, but I've tried to get one by contacting them on-line since I live in Canada...we'll see if they send it.

Thanks--I finally found a complete PDF manual. Your'e right, it is used to remove the mag cap, mag spring and plug.

Yeah, it's dumb--I'm one of those guys that read manuals cover to cover and even highlight areas. I keep them in files with reciepts etc. I found I can order a manual book so I did that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:47 pm 
Utility Grade

MNGunner wrote:
Blockcaver wrote:

Thanks--I finally found a complete PDF manual. Your'e right, it is used to remove the mag cap, mag spring and plug.

Yeah, it's dumb--I'm one of those guys that read manuals cover to cover and even highlight areas. I keep them in files with reciepts etc. I found I can order a manual book so I did that.

Have a link to the complete PDF one?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:30 am 
Limited Edition

toledoUPSguy wrote:
MNGunner wrote:
Blockcaver wrote:

Have a link to the complete PDF one?

Yes. and I emailed Beretta for a hardcopy--I guess you can get a standard manual now but it's by request. Here's the link (in grid click on semi auto and EN cell)

https://www.beretta.com/en/beretta-user-manuals/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:13 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you.