ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta Gold E Combo Question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:33 pm 
Utility Grade

I'm new to clay sport shotguns, and I just want to figure out what I have here. I recently purchased a 682 Gold E Combo with a Joel Etchen custom fit unsingle. The unsingle has it's own serial and the gun's serial was added at the fit.

My question is, do these combos typically come from the factory as a combo, all serialized, or do they all have to be custom fit at a shop similar to Etchen's.

Which is considered my sought after, or does it matter?

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Beretta Gold E Combo Question
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hi,
What do your over under barrels have for serial number?

Others will be able to perhaps better answer than what I can, but I do know that some of the combo's came as a combo from the factory, and others had barrels added later on depending on what the user, or new user in the case of used guns wanted to do with them.

I think that barrels in Europe maybe have their own serial number and then in the case of the over under may get the receiver serial number added to verify what it was fit to perhaps only from the factory, maybe some aftermarket smiths do that with new sets, I am not sure.

my 682 gold e sporting clays gun barrels have a separate serial number on the barrels and then the receiver serial number on another spot. And I know this one came from the factory as it is.

the 680 series are fairly easy to change out and fit different barrels to, depending on what the owner wants to do.

On the resale market some folks may want to discount what they are willing to pay if they do not match up and others may not care. As you know there are some folks out there looking for every excuse in the universe to lowball someone on a gun price.

As long as the barrels are correctly fit to the receiver there should be no negative effects to the shootability.

Post subject: Re: Beretta Gold E Combo Question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:32 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Most barrel sets that I have, came from the factory as barrel sets with cases to match, though I have also added barrels to over and unders that I own. Some will fit and shoot fine with no modification, but I have never seen a manufacturer that does not recommend that you have a new barrel fitted.

You can get more info by calling Ed Anderson at the New York City Beretta Show Room. He likes to talk Shotguns.

Bob