ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta A400 carrier timing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:35 am 
Field Grade

I'm trying to help a friend trouble shoot a brand spanking new Beretta A400 that is having cycling issues. The shotgun fires, ejects, and begins to feed the next round but jams. From my research others that had the same problem said the carrier was out of timing. A couple guys posted they sent their guns back and the carrier needed to be re-timed. Is anyone aware of what has to be adjusted to re-time a carrier on this model? I can re-time the Auto-5, Remington 1100, Remington 11 carriers but I cant seem to see how this one is done. Thanks for any info.

Post subject: Re: Beretta A400 carrier timing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:49 am 
Crown Grade

duckboya-5 wrote:
I'm trying to help a friend trouble shoot a brand spanking new Beretta A400 that is having cycling issues. The shotgun fires, ejects, and begins to feed the next round but jams. From my research others that had the same problem said the carrier was out of timing. A couple guys posted they sent their guns back and the carrier needed to be re-timed. Is anyone aware of what has to be adjusted to re-time a carrier on this model? I can re-time the Auto-5, Remington 1100, Remington 11 carriers but I cant seem to see how this one is done. Thanks for any info.

Is the gun clean? Lubed?
Haven’t heard timing was an issue?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:05 pm 
Field Grade

Yes cleaned and lubed. i've read of the carrier being out of time in other things I've found online.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Curious what you find out. Mine has no issues with 2-3/4" or 3" shells. With 3-1/2" shells it's picky. Shorter shells, like kent, it feeds fine. I shot some winchester 3-1/2 that were just a little longer than kents and it feeds both shells out of the magazine and jams. I've taken to putting one in the chamber, one in the magazine, and floating one on the lifter if I have shells in other than Kents and I haven't had an opportunity to test them.

One of Many

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:16 am 
Crown Grade

duckboya-5 wrote:
Yes cleaned and lubed. i've read of the carrier being out of time in other things I've found online.

Link?