ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 694 questions
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 pm 
Utility Grade

A couple of questions on a 694 that has about 600 rounds through it. This is my gun but my son is shooting it also while his 725 is getting the stock finished up.

Back story: We are both lefthanders. His 725 is a righthander that we are bending to fit him as a lefty. It shoots great for the both of us and POI is perfect for the both of us. Hence the reason he is shooting it when I'm not. Otherwise he shoots the Weatherby.

He noticed today that the trigger seemed "loose", maybe excessive slack might be a better term? So the question is, how much play/slack should the trigger have? We did compare it to my Weatherby O/U 3000 rounds and the Weatherby is tighter.

The other thing is the top barrel will occasionally have a light strike on the top barrel only. The question is, are we not opening the gun forcibly enough? We both tend to have soft hands when opening our guns and I'm wondering if that is the issue.

We did disassemble the gun today and can't see if the trigger can be tightened up. Everything looked normal. Nothing out of the ordinary, no excessive grease. On the firing pin they both moved freely, no catching or anything like that and nice full strokes. we did not unload the hammers though.

Your thoughts? And no I'm not giving this gun up, it shoots superb.

Post subject: Re: 694 questions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:58 pm 
Field Grade

You mean chatter right? Left to right touch of trigger play? My 694 is same. I never had adjustable trigger prior to this so can’t answer if it’s normal to beretta.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:19 pm 
Utility Grade

Unfortunately, no. It is more like taking up slack before the trigger wants to engage.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:34 pm 
Field Grade

Hmmm. I’m tight on pull front to back. Just lil side to side play. Prob a minor adjustment I would imagine dealer would jump on a trigger issue as that could be dangerous.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:42 pm 
Field Grade

on my 694 the trigger has some Left to right play but just a small amount on pull, all good with the top barrel as in no light strike, i would try another brand of ammo first before doing anything

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:09 pm 
Utility Grade

*Update* Went back to the place I bought to pick up my sons Browning from getting it fitted. I went in and checked several new 694's and it was the same amount of play/slack in the trigger. Which is good news there.

Now to try and figure out the light strikes on the top barrel. I imagine that it is our soft hands on opening and closing the gun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:08 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Send it to Rich Cole for a trigger job. 10 days later you will get it back with a much nicer trigger pull.

(These are my dogs, not shotguns) :)

NSCA # 517xxx (since 9/7/94)