ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 682 Triggers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:17 pm 
Utility Grade

I recently purchased a S682 (1986) with all four barrel sets. It does not have inertia triggers. Since it has the .410 barrels I'm wondering if it came from the factory that way or if it was converted.

Post subject: Re: 682 Triggers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:15 pm 
Field Grade

I would expect that it came from Beretta as you have it now. BTW, I have set my 686 to run 28 and 410 tubes and all I had to do to get it to function properly with the sub caliber tubes was to install 410 Inertia Block and Trigger Lever springs. Now just the fall of the hammer with the shotgun horizontal is all that is needed to reset the trigger. Note, pointed straight down the trigger will NOT reset in dry fire, found that out when dropping the hammers with snap caps after a days shooting. If you want to test if your gun is running 410 springs just point the receiver straight down and drop the hammer on some snap caps, if it doesn't reset it's still inertial, just it's a 410 inertial. I'll also note that if it is a 410 inertial it will reset the trigger just fine in live fire. Shot my 410 equipped 686 on a sporting clays rabbit hole off a raised platform recently and it worked perfectly.