ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta bbl and frame serial #'s
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:05 pm 
Field Grade

I have an ASE 90 skeet gun that has the receiver # AD38XXB and the bbl # is the same which the Firearms Tech Data Research site shows to be an ASE90 28in choked SKT/SKT. The bbl that is on the gun now with the same # is a 29 1/2 w/Briley thinwall chokes that also has the stamping #R265XXB. Am I right to assume someone had a different set of bbls fitted to this receiver thus the two serial #'s on the bbl??? 1cas

Post subject: Re: Beretta bbl and frame serial #'s
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:53 pm 
Field Grade

Correct

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

1casual wrote:
I have an ASE 90 skeet gun that has the receiver # AD38XXB and the bbl # is the same which the Firearms Tech Data Research site shows to be an ASE90 28in choked SKT/SKT. The bbl that is on the gun now with the same # is a 29 1/2 w/Briley thinwall chokes that also has the stamping #R265XXB. Am I right to assume someone had a different set of bbls fitted to this receiver thus the two serial #'s on the bbl??? 1cas

What is "Firearms Tech Data Research site"? Google provides no clues.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:36 pm 
Field Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
1casual wrote:

What is "Firearms Tech Data Research site"? Google provides no clues.

Go to "Berettasupport.com" and the "Firearms Tech Data Research" site should be there and you can put in a Beretta serial# and it will give you the listing of how the gun left the factory. 1cas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:24 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks, I'll give that a try on my dads 682.

His was a bit of an odd duck as he rec'd it, 29.5" broadway rib sporting barrels, greystone receiver, with an international straight trap stock and beavertail forend.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.