ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 694 Black?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Does anybody here know if Beretta plans on bring out a 694 Black edition? They seem to have “Black” editions of their other models, just curious if the 694 will be getting that treatment as well.

Post subject: Re: Beretta 694 Black?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Call coles or Etchens and ask them.

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:01 pm 
Presentation Grade

I would think so, they seem to do a black version of everything as mentioned, I hope they stop with the carbon fiber ribs, leave the carbon to the race track and aerospace industry.

I wish Beretta would jump into the case coloring/hardening option for their over and unders. However it's an add on that costs money, and can be complicated, but there is something very sexy about a case colored and hardened receiver on a over and under

NSCA#620844
"Il suffit de regarder l'oiseau"

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:31 pm 
Field Grade

gdub41 wrote:
I would think so, they seem to do a black version of everything as mentioned, I hope they stop with the carbon fiber ribs, leave the carbon to the race track and aerospace industry.

I wish Beretta would jump into the case coloring/hardening option for their over and unders. However it's an add on that costs money, and can be complicated, but there is something very sexy about a case colored and hardened receiver on a over and under

Wasn’t the SP 5 color case hardened? I have an SP 4 and it was dark blues with gold inlay...I think the 5 was CCH though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:50 pm 
Presentation Grade

yes there are certain silver pigeon field models that are indeed case colored and hardened. But in the sporting line, Beretta doesn't have anything in a case colored / hardened model.

NSCA#620844

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:18 am 
Presentation Grade

Or maybe coat it baby blue like the a400, since Beretta thinks everyone loves blue.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:32 am 
Limited Edition

Bring back the Greystone action finish.
It is the best and most unique action finish in the shotgun industry in the last 50 years .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

blaser f3 wrote:
Bring back the Greystone action finish.
It is the best and most unique action finish in the shotgun industry in the last 50 years .

This

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:09 am 
Presentation Grade

58PERAZZI wrote:
Or maybe coat it baby blue like the a400, since Beretta thinks everyone loves blue.

I see alot more A400 blue xcels out on the course now then I ever used too. I bought one when they first came out, and I love mine, I still have it, and while it now sits in the cabinet, I have no concerns picking it up and using it full time.

The blue grows on you, and honestly as long as I like what I'm shooting, I could give two crappy nickels about what someone else things about the gun I'm shooting and the gun I own.

Also the blue is different on every batch of them, I bought one of the first ones here to hit the states back in 2013-ish and it's a lighter blue and more of an anodized look, then the new powder coated ones. Many of the ones I've seen lately are really dark and have no gloss to them.

Mine also has over 25,000 rounds and is pretty sun soaked that could be from heat cycling which could have attributed to that color fade over the years, not too sure.

But yes on a side note the Grey Stone finish is sick!!!!! I also like the mirrored polish finish on the SL3. If you haven't seen that, give that a look.

NSCA#620844