Shotgunworld.com
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/

Xtreme Plus for targets
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=533770
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Dr Duk [ Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Xtreme Plus for targets

I am so pleased with my Plus that I am considering buying one as a dedicated target gun?
Will it hold up for tens of thousands of rounds??
I don’t want to wear out my hunting guns on targets!

Author:  mark-60 [ Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Xtreme Plus for targets

One of the guys I shoot with has a couple of 'em and has had no issues with either one. He shoots about 3-4 hundred rounds a week, I'd guess.

Author:  Dr Duk [ Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Xtreme Plus for targets

I shot it very well today!
May need a black one as a dedicated target gun.
Almost NO felt recoil!

Author:  Dr Duk [ Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Xtreme Plus for targets

Shot my new Xtreme Plus at targets yesterday.
Shot it well, cycled 1 oz loads with authority!

Author:  gdub41 [ Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Xtreme Plus for targets

you can't hurt that Xtreme plus, cycle that thing up and send as many rounds as you need too. Most guys don't wear out a hunting gun.........they get new hunting guns because theirs are destroyed from handling and wear and tear, not from high volume shooting.

Author:  jpari [ Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Xtreme Plus for targets

Dr Duk wrote:
I am so pleased with my Plus that I am considering buying one as a dedicated target gun?
Will it hold up for tens of thousands of rounds??
I don’t want to wear out my hunting guns on targets!


I am not trying to be a wise guy when I ask, if you are considering buying another Xtreme Plus to use as a dedicated target gun, then why not just buy a dedicated target gun? After all, dedicated by definition means to use for no other purpose.

Author:  Dr Duk [ Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Xtreme Plus for targets

jpari wrote:
Dr Duk wrote:
I am so pleased with my Plus that I am considering buying one as a dedicated target gun?
Will it hold up for tens of thousands of rounds??
I don’t want to wear out my hunting guns on targets!


I am not trying to be a wise guy when I ask, if you are considering buying another Xtreme Plus to use as a dedicated target gun, then why not just buy a dedicated target gun? After all, dedicated by definition means to use for no other purpose.


Thanks for asking!
I have LOTS of target guns.
P guns, K guns, Kolar, 391s, 390, A-400s.
I shotgun the Xtrem Plus BETTER than my target guns!

Author:  claypigeon [ Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Xtreme Plus for targets

What do you attribute the better shooting to? Fit, balance, recoil?

Author:  Blockcaver [ Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Xtreme Plus for targets

A shooting buddy was shooting an Extreme Plus for about one year. Had trouble last fall with the plastic magazine tube plunger. Sent it to Beretta in Ontario and they replaced the plunger with a stainless steel version that appears identical to what came on my A400 Xcel Black. Fast forward to this spring and the component that retains the cartridge(s) in the magazine tube failed. He again sent the gun to Beretta for repair. He has received word that they are replacing his entire Extreme Plus, but has yet to receive the replacement. He indicated that round count was about 3,000 target loads...and zero hunting loads of any kind. He doesn't reload and shoots primarily 1 oz 1200 fps Challenger ammo when I shoot with him.

He also likes the fit and feel of Extreme Plus and has won one or two local tournaments in the past year with it...but isn't impressed with the longevity of his first one.

Author:  Dr Duk [ Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Xtreme Plus for targets

claypigeon wrote:
What do you attribute the better shooting to? Fit, balance, recoil?


Don’t know! I just shoot the stepped rib type guns better, today.
Tomorrow??? :lol:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/