ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Identifying Beretta Choke Tube Types
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:08 pm 
Utility Grade

I used to work for Beretta and referenced this chart quite often:

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/how-to- ... hoke-tube/

The variety of choke systems used over the years is mind-boggling, but suffice to say the base model shotguns (i.e. 686 Silver Pigeon I and A300 Outlander) use the MobileChoke system and the upgraded shotgun models (i.e. A400 Xplor/Action/Xtreme/Lite and 690/692/DT11) use the Optima HP system. There are exceptions to every rule, but hopefully the link above helps.

Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:23 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi,

I just purchased a 686 Silver Pigeon I, hasn't arrived yet, it says it has "Optima Bore HP" chokes a/k/a OBHP.

Is this the same as "Optima HP" chokes or the "Optimachoke HP" chokes on the Beretta website?

I called Beretta and they told me they couldn't tell me the correct chokes without the serial number of the firearm, model number wasn't enough. I assume this means that the same models may take different chokes depending on when they were made.

There are quite a few warnings on the Beretta sites not to use the wrong chokes, you'd hope they would have consistent terminology, but apparently not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

Hark6 wrote:
Hi,

I just purchased a 686 Silver Pigeon I, hasn't arrived yet, it says it has "Optima Bore HP" chokes a/k/a OBHP.

Is this the same as "Optima HP" chokes or the "Optimachoke HP" chokes on the Beretta website?

I called Beretta and they told me they couldn't tell me the correct chokes without the serial number of the firearm, model number wasn't enough. I assume this means that the same models may take different chokes depending on when they were made.

There are quite a few warnings on the Beretta sites not to use the wrong chokes, you'd hope they would have consistent terminology, but apparently not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Yes. "Optima Bore Hi Performance", "Optima Bore HP", "OBHP", "Optima HP", are all the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:17 am 
Field Grade

Who actually manufactures the Optima HP chokes w/ AI Band for Beretta? They resemble Briley's Spectrum line.