ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta A303 for $319.....Good Deal?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:17 am 
Limited Edition

Picked up a like new Beretta A303 in 20 Gauge this past weekend for $319.

Beautiful wood and not a mark on it.

Seemed like a good value......

Need to find a shell catcher so I can shoot some trap this week.

Post subject: Re: Beretta A303 for $319.....Good Deal?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:22 am 
Crown Grade

Screaming price on that gun, especially if in great condition.....

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:33 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

How is it choked? Does it have a rib? You can use a rubber band around the receiver to deflect hulls.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:56 am 
Limited Edition

It has a rib and a modified choke. Unfortunately it did not come with any other chokes. It is also a 3" Magnum gun. Since I'll be using it for trap, I'll try trap loads, if they don't function I'll need to modify the gas ports.

Also...I said "wood" in my post.....Should have said "plastic" as the stock as far as I can tell by removing the butt plate is plastic....But it sure is pretty!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:18 am 
Limited Edition

I hope you post a photo. I'm curious about the stock. Sometimes the polyurethane finish Beretta used makes the stock look like plastic, at least IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:28 am 
Crown Grade

If that gun`s as you say, sounds like a steal to me! My Browning B-80 12 ga. is essentially a Beretta 303 ( parts manufactured by Beretta under contract with Browning, assembled by Browning, I believe ). I didn`t know all that back in the mid-80`s when I bought it. It`s just a terrific gun with a great action.

Your pattern`s kind of hard to make out in the picture, at least for me. I`d be surprised, though, if IC for 35 yards and in didn't get the job done. As long as you do your part, of course ! :wink:

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:33 am 
Crown Grade

Tidefanatic wrote:
If that gun`s as you say, sounds like a steal to me! My Browning B-80 12 ga. is essentially a Beretta 303 ( parts manufactured by Beretta under contract with Browning, assembled by Browning, I believe ). I didn`t know all that back in the mid-80`s when I bought it. It`s just a terrific gun with a great action.

Your pattern`s kind of hard to make out in the picture, at least for me. I`d be surprised, though, if IC for 35 yards and in didn't get the job done. As long as you do your part, of course ! :wink:

OOPs!! My apology! Disregard my last concerning the pattern. I had another post in mind with that response. Anyway, first part`s good! I`ll be surprised if your 303 isn`t all you hope!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)