ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mossberg International - SA-20 - Review + Pics
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:03 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

KaylenZ wrote:
Hi Smitty,

Would you, or anyone else here have a video of themselves cleaning the SA-20 after 250 shots going through the shotgun?

I'm new to guns in general and have no idea how to clean my new shotgun after unboxing it and getting it ready for the range, and after I've shot it a few hundred times.

I would love to see someone actually cleaning this particular shotgun on a youtube video, instead of a generic shotgun.

Thank you all in advance,

Kaylen

I can't post a video right now, but cleaning these guns is simple.

My SA-20 was pretty clean right out of the box, but I did do an initial wipe down and lube before shooting, and cleanup after shooting is the same procedure.

Following the instructions in your manual, remove the magazine cap, pull off the fore end by pulling straight forward and off the gun, then remove the barrel. While doing this take care not to let the bolt fly forward on its own with the barrel off, the bolt handle may hit the front of the ejection port and damage the receiver.

Set the gun aside, we'll do the barrel first. You will see a tube welded to the underside of the barrel, this is the gas cylinder and inside is the gas piston. You will see the piston as a gold ring at the back end of the cylinder.

Remove the gas piston by pulling it out to the rear. Carbon residue can be removed by scrubbing with gun cleaning solution like Hoppes 9 or Break Free and an old toothbrush. I personally use Eagle Chrome Wadding Polish from the auto parts store, it will remove all the carbon without scratching the gold nitride coating on the piston. If your gun is still unfired note that the ring on the front of the piston is bright stainless silver color.

With the piston out, take a cloth or paper towel with cleaning solvent and wipe out the inside of the gas cylinder from both the front and rear. If it's really dirty, scrub with the old toothbrush. Wipe dry and lightly lube the inside with Break Free, then replace the gas piston. Run a 20 gauge bore swab through the barrel to wipe out any powder fouling, and you're done with the barrel.

On the gun, pull back the bolt so it locks open. You may need to pull the trigger first. This exposes the front of the magazine tube. Use your cloth and solvent (or the Eagle Wadding) and wipe any powder fouling off the magazine tube. Carefully release the bolt, allow it to go forward, then clean the rest of magazine tube. Lightly lube the entire magazine tube with Break Free.

Now, re-assemble the gun. Make sure the gas piston is in the cylinder, it can only go in one way, from the rear. Pull the bolt back halfway and replace the barrel, then pull the bolt back all the way, locked open, and fully seat the barrel.

Slide the fore end back on, make sure it's seated properly in the retainer on the front of the receiver, then replace the magazine cap.

Done.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:20 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you so very much for the detailed instructions.

After reading you post I decided to take the plunge and do the initial cleaning. In fact I went a little further and cleaning everything the manual said to clean.

I used solvent and then oil with all appropriate parts.

The only thing bad I did was EXACTLY what you said NOT to do: I let the bolt fly without having the barrel on. Not sure why but I thought I should test out the gun before I reassembled the whole thing. I did it three times I think, and of course each time the bolt hit the side of the receiver.

I then put the gun back together and noticed the bolt was no longer hitting the side. Now I feel bad and hope I haven't damaged the gun.

I took the trigger assembly out, but it didn't look like it needed anything so I just put that back together. For future reference I'll ask mossberg if I should do the solvent/oil routine on it.

I guess the hardest part was getting the barrel out the first time. I wasn't sure how much pressure to use. It wasn't coming out very easily.

There's one more thing I'd like to do and can't find any reference to it. The spring inside the magazine tube makes a squeaking sound every time I insert an ammo shell. I'd like to get the spring plug near the muzzle out of the way and take the spring out so I can lube that entire area. It sounds horrible.

But I can't figure out how to get the plug out of the way. It's call the "Magazine Short Spring Cap", or Number 9 in the item guide at the back of the manual. If anyone's figure that out, please let me know.

So that's my adventure in first time cleaning. It took a total of 3 hours, I'm embarrassed to say. But I wanted to do it right so often times I'd stop and google something, or youtube it, but a lot of the stuff I needed to know about wasn't online.

Thanks again for the reply. I'll take the gun out to the range next week and report on my first impressions. I'm still a little worried about the bolt slamming against the receiver though.

Kaylen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Kaylen, glad you found the write up helpful. Don't worry too much about the bolt handle hitting the receiver. Any damage from three strikes would only be cosmetic, unless you bent the bolt handle, but now you've learned not to do it again.

To lube the inside of the magazine tube is simple:

1) Make sure gun is unloaded and magazine empty.
2) Close bolt, shell elevator should be free to move up and down. If not, pull trigger on EMPTY CHAMBER to drop hammer.
3) Point gun muzzle down. It helps to stand the gun straight up, muzzle down on a pad or folded towel.
4) Use your finger or an empty hull to push the follower (magazine "plug") in about a 1/2 inch or so.
5) Squirt your favorite lube into the magazine tube around the follower and let it run down the tube. I like Break Free or BoeShield for this. You can pick up and rotate the gun to get better distribution.
6) Load the magazine to use the follower to push around the lubricant. Unload the magazine per the manual.
7) Remove the magazine cap with gun down, or just stand it upright, and let any excess lube drain out.
8) Done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:19 am 
Utility Grade

Hi Cerberus,

Thanks for the reply. I like your advice on oiling the mag tube. If I can't get the magazine short spring cap off, then I'll certainly try to oil it up the way you described.

But if you, or anyone else here has an idea on how to remove that pesky cap without breaking it, I'd be very glad to see it. It's attached to the spring on the muzzle side of the gun.

I've watched a video on someone taking the cap out of a 930, but the caps are different from what I can see. Squeezing the cap on the 930 did the trick. There's no way I can squeeze the cap on the sa-20.

Thanks again for the advice. If I ever figure it out, I'll post my results.

Kaylen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:55 pm 
Utility Grade

Cerberus,

I'm trying to remember whether or not the bolt handle moved or if it was solid once attached to the gun. If I touch the bolt handle with my finger and thumb, there's a little give and it moves around a bit. Is this normal or did I mess up the gun? It feels a little weird, I would expect it to be immovable.

Thanks,

Kaylen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

If it's anything like every Mossberg SA I've ever owned, that's normal. The bolt handle pulls out of the bolt to allow you to remove the bolt from the receiver and completely break down the gun.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 am 
Utility Grade

MNNavy,

Thanks for the post. How much give does yours have? Would you be able to post a short clip of it? Mine doesn't move a whole bunch, but it's still there enough where I can notice.

Kaylen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:02 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

KaylenZ wrote:
MNNavy,

Thanks for the post. How much give does yours have? Would you be able to post a short clip of it? Mine doesn't move a whole bunch, but it's still there enough where I can notice.

Kaylen

The forward and backward play is normal, maybe 1/8" or so either way.

The bolt handle is held in place by a spring loaded ball and detent.

Lay your gun on its side, hold it down with one hand and with the other hand just pull the bolt handle straight out. It may be quite stiff at first, but just pull, there's nothing you can break doing this.

To replace, just push it back in until it clicks in place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Cerberus,

Glad to hear that the slightly loose bolt handle is normal. I was getting worried. Thank you!

Kaylen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:17 am 
Utility Grade

Went out to the range and shot today! It was my first time on ANY range.

Here's my report on the SA-20 mossberg:

I had already cleaned the gun before going. Oiled it lightly as prescribed in the owner's manual. I did not polish the barrel or chamber, as both looked good.

Purchased the following Ammo:

Winchester 2 3/4 1220fps 1oz number6
Remington 2 3/4 1220fps 1oz number4
Federal 2 3/4 1165fps 1oz number7.5? (don't have box anymore but I'm fairly certain)

The Federal failed miserably. 90% had a fte
The Winchester failed 50% of the time
And the Remington worked 100% of the time.

The only difference between the Remington and Winchester was the size of the pellets. Remington being larger at number4

The gun's recoil was manageable but I refused to put it against my shoulder after the 3rd shot. I simply put the buttstock under my armpit. I was shooting at targets about 20 feet away, so it worked out fine.

I will definitely polish the barrel bore and the chamber with 0000 steel wool and see if that solves my fte issue as the Remington is twice as expensive as the Federal.

If anyone know where I can get the Remington Pheasant Load for less than $11 per box of 25 online, I'd surely appreciate hearing it.

Also need to buy some rifled slugs, but can't justify the $1 per shell cost. Wow! that's expensive.

Kaylen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:01 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

KaylenZ wrote:
Went out to the range and shot today! It was my first time on ANY range.

Here's my report on the SA-20 mossberg:

I had already cleaned the gun before going. Oiled it lightly as prescribed in the owner's manual. I did not polish the barrel or chamber, as both looked good.

Purchased the following Ammo:

Winchester 2 3/4 1220fps 1oz number6
Remington 2 3/4 1220fps 1oz number4
Federal 2 3/4 1165fps 1oz number7.5? (don't have box anymore but I'm fairly certain)

The Federal failed miserably. 90% had a fte
The Winchester failed 50% of the time
And the Remington worked 100% of the time.

The only difference between the Remington and Winchester was the size of the pellets. Remington being larger at number4

The gun's recoil was manageable but I refused to put it against my shoulder after the 3rd shot. I simply put the buttstock under my armpit. I was shooting at targets about 20 feet away, so it worked out fine.

I will definitely polish the barrel bore and the chamber with 0000 steel wool and see if that solves my fte issue as the Remington is twice as expensive as the Federal.

If anyone know where I can get the Remington Pheasant Load for less than $11 per box of 25 online, I'd surely appreciate hearing it.

Also need to buy some rifled slugs, but can't justify the $1 per shell cost. Wow! that's expensive.

Kaylen

Hold on a minute, something's really wrong here.

I had my SA-20 broken in with the first 8 shots, factory crappy Winchester Super Speed 7/8 @ 1275fps, and only used 2 boxes of that stuff the first time out.

Since then I have used mostly hand loads with 3/4 and 7/8 ounce shot weights at 1200-1250 with ZERO FTF or FTE. I did have a couple FTF with some really light 3/4 ounce loads I had made up for my 20 gauge pump, and those were only two rounds out of 25.

My handloads were made with good Winchester AA and crappy Super Speeds, Remington Premier and cheap Gun Club, and Federal and Nobel Sport hulls. I have never had a hull related problem with this gun, no matter what I was using.

You say "The gun's recoil was manageable but I refused to put it against my shoulder after the 3rd shot. I simply put the buttstock under my armpit. I was shooting at targets about 20 feet away, so it worked out fine."

Why? How big are you? The recoil of these guns is negligible, but if you're a kid or small framed, and have no experience with guns, it can seem heavy, but it's not.

Most of what new shooters perceive as "recoil" is actually muzzle blast, the cycling of the actions, etc. but the actual recoil is much less.

If you are holding the gun loosely under your arm it's far more likely to have failures
cycling.

My two FTE/FTF's occurred when a friend was shooting the gun and held it lightly, on the second target on skeet doubles. He lifts his head up and the gun comes off his shoulder and the bolt didn't cycle back far enough to eject the fired hull. Simply pulling back the bolt by hand extracted and ejected the fired hull and the second shell then went in properly.

You are obviously very new to guns. I strongly recommend you work on your gun handling skills, including proper mount and hold, before you start doing irreversible things like polishing and grinding on your barrel and chamber.

My SA-20 needed none of that and was actually better finished than I had expected based on other peoples reviews.

Do you have access to a good shooting instructor or range staff who can work with you on proper gun mount and handling? That's the place to start next, not working on metal parts on a gun you do not fully understand.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:03 am 
Utility Grade

Hi Cerberus,

Thanks again for taking the time to write. I'm 5'3 and 120 lbs. The reason I stopped putting the stock against my shoulder was frankly because my shoulder started to hurt. It seemed too much force on too small an area of flesh.

It was absolutely the first time I had ever shot a gun period. The first shot was jarring, but the overall experience of shooting was pleasant.

One of the range attendants saw me shooting it from under the arm and saw the fte. He walked over and kindly offered to show me how to shoot it, which I appreciated very much. He too had ftes with the Federal, while shooting the orthodox way.

I think the 1165 fps speed was not enough. But I still don't understand why the Winchester wouldn't cycle. He tried those too and had the same ftes.

The only ones that work for us were the Remingtons. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking it's because it had the higher 1220 AND it was number 4 shot. The Winchesters were 6 shot.

Federal seemed to have everything going against it with the 1165 fps and 7.5 shot.

I was hoping the use of 0000 steel wool on the chamber and barrel would solve the problem. Are you saying I could damage the chamber and/or barrel? If that's the case I won't touch it and simply stick with the Remingtons.

I'm not sure the inner barrel is chrome or not, which would have made me feel better about using the steel wool. Would you happen to know what the inner barrel consists of?

I think that's enough questions for tonight. Thanks for all your help.

Kaylen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

OK, those answers help fill in the blanks.

First off, shot size has nothing to do with the ability of the shell to cycle the action. Larger shot is heavier per pellet, but a 1oz load of 4's will have fewer pellets than a 1oz load of 6's.

The SA-20 is gas operated. Cycling is dependent on the gas pressure at the port in the barrel, too little and the bolt won't cycle completely, it will "short stroke" extracting the fired hull but not far enough to eject it. That's an FTE, but very different from an FTE where the extractors pull off from the case rim and leave the hull stuck in the chamber. You don't specify the details of the FTE so I don't know which applies.

For now, to cure a short stroke issue, I would get at least 100 rounds of whatever ammunition functioned best and shoot it until the gun is broken in, all the internals smoothed out by way of normal gun function. After that you can try other brands and different weight loads.

If your FTE is cases getting stuck in the chamber, I'd simply call Mossberg and tell them the problem. It's a new gun with a warranty, they will send you a shipping tag to return the gun for factory service.

Once you start grinding and polishing your warranty is void, and trust me, I have learned it's a lot easier to take off too much metal, and impossible to put it back.

BTW, is this a field gun or the Tactical model?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:32 am 
Utility Grade

The gun is the tactical version. I got it for home defense mainly.

The FTEs were of both kind. Some would get stuck in the chamber and I'd have to open the bolt to pull it out. Some were of the kind where it was stuck half way out of the ejection port, where it was pinched while trying to escape. But mainly of the second kind.

I'll stay away from the grinding. I've purchased a recoil patch for my shoulder. I'll give it another shot with proper firing position and see if that helps.

Since the Remingtons worked, I'll buy a bunch of those to break the gun down.

If all that doesn't work, I'll send the gun back for work. I've heard it's minimally a 2 week turn around for others that have had to send their gun back.

Kaylen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

KaylenZ wrote:
The gun is the tactical version. I got it for home defense mainly.
That's a neat little gun, I handled one in the shop where I got my SA-20. I really liked it but already have a 930SPX and other hardware to defend the castle, and I really wanted a 20 semi for a field and informal target gun.

The SA-20 Tactical impressed me as a really light gun, and 1 ounce loads in a 20 gauge are pretty heavy kickers. Try finding the highest velocity 7/8oz loads like the Winchester Super Speeds and see how they feel. They will still have more recoil than a 7/8 @ 1200 target load, but they will cycle your gun, and with less pain than a 1 oz load.

KaylenZ wrote:
The FTEs were of both kind. Some would get stuck in the chamber and I'd have to open the bolt to pull it out. Some were of the kind where it was stuck half way out of the ejection port, where it was pinched while trying to escape. But mainly of the second kind.

Now we are getting closer to the solution. You say most of the extraction failures resulted in the shell sticking out of the ejection port. That's called a "stovepipe" jam and it's a classic sign of the bolt not moving fully to the rear in the cycle, and catching the partially ejected hull on it's way back forward. More shooting with lighter but faster loads will smooth out the action and resolve this.

What I need to know is this: on the FTE where " Some would get stuck in the chamber and I'd have to open the bolt to pull it out." did the bolt open and close but the extractor pulled off from the rim of the hull, and the hull was stuck in the chamber?

Or did the gun just not eject the hull, but when you pulled back the bolt the hull extracted easily and came out with the bolt?

It makes a big difference which one it is. Based on your reporting a high percentage of stovepipes I would guess that what's happening is that the bolt is extracting the fired hull properly, but there isn't enough energy (gas pressure) to move the bolt back far enough to get the entire hull out of the chamber, so the bolt just pushes it back in. If you can just pull back the bolt handle easily and the fired hull comes with it, then that's a simple problem that more shooting will cure.

One other issue with really light autoloaders is that reliable cycling requires a firm hold on the gun, and right now you are not doing that. Get over the idea that the gun will hurt you. The only way to get really hurt is by standing in front of the gun, not behind it :)

So, what type of FTE are we dealing with?

Quote:
I'll stay away from the grinding. I've purchased a recoil patch for my shoulder. I'll give it another shot with proper firing position and see if that helps.

Since the Remingtons worked, I'll buy a bunch of those to break the gun down.

If all that doesn't work, I'll send the gun back for work. I've heard it's minimally a 2 week turn around for others that have had to send their gun back.

Kaylen

All good ideas, but I doubt you will have to return the gun if you try the others first.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:38 am 
Utility Grade

Hi Cerberus,

Thanks again for taking the time. The FTEs were as follows:

1) Majority of the time. Shell out come out just in enough to be caught by the action 80% out. Stove-piping as I've read the definition, is exactly what's happening here.

2) Some of the time, the bolt would not go back after being fired, as if the gun had not fired at all. I hear the bang, I see the shot pattern, but the bolt assembly and bolt would not go through it's normal routine. I would pull the bolt handle back, remove the spent shell and cycle the bolt manually, moving the shell into the chamber.

I will buy the higher speed 7/8 oz and see if that helps. I'd also like to buy some quality buckshot and slugs, but they're averaging to about $1 a piece for either. I'm waiting to see if anyone here has links to site with good pricing.

Kaylen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:08 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

KaylenZ wrote:
Hi Cerberus,

Thanks again for taking the time. The FTEs were as follows:

1) Majority of the time. Shell out come out just in enough to be caught by the action 80% out. Stove-piping as I've read the definition, is exactly what's happening here.

2) Some of the time, the bolt would not go back after being fired, as if the gun had not fired at all. I hear the bang, I see the shot pattern, but the bolt assembly and bolt would not go through it's normal routine. I would pull the bolt handle back, remove the spent shell and cycle the bolt manually, moving the shell into the chamber.

I will buy the higher speed 7/8 oz and see if that helps. I'd also like to buy some quality buckshot and slugs, but they're averaging to about $1 a piece for either. I'm waiting to see if anyone here has links to site with good pricing.

Kaylen

Well, then, problem solved. These are normal break in issues with a new gun.

Quote:
I would pull the bolt handle back, remove the spent shell and cycle the bolt manually, moving the shell into the chamber.

With the hull extracting easily by hand there is nothing you need to polish. If you had a rough chamber you would have to knock it out with a rod.

One thing I didn't ask, I took for granted that you re-assembled the gun correctly after cleaning it and removing the bolt and gas piston. Assuming you did, then just keep shooting it with ammo it likes and it will be fine.

Quality buckshot and slug ammunition is expensive, no way around that unless you are a hand loader. The standard 20 Buckshot load is 20 pellets #3 Buck @ 1220fps. That load weighs out to a little more than 1 ounce, so you can use the 1 ounce field loads for practice.

For slugs, you will need enough of them to get your gun sighted in, and you must expect different brands to shoot to a different point of impact (POI). Pick one you like that cycles your gun, get sighted in, for HD you can zero POI at 25 yards. Then your done unless you want to shoot more for practice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:38 pm 
Crown Grade

With all three of my daughters having expressed interest in joining me at the skeet range I was on the lookout for a light weight, low cost 20 gauge semi-auto. I considered the TriStar Raptor, the Mossberg SA-20 Bantam and the Weatherby SA-08. Their price points were around $300, $400 and $500 respectively. Despite the Weatherby's great reputation (and because of the TriStars spotty reputation) I went with the Mossberg; it was less expensive, listed as slightly lighter, and didn't have a big white (Weatherby) logo painted on the side of the receiver.

On receipt I was pleased with the guns overall fit and finish. A discolored "spot" in the receiver's finish was noted however.

One welcome update to this NIB gun was the ability to load the magazine without depressing the release button.

Also worth noting is the SA-20's excellent shim system; I cranked mine up as high as it would go and gave it a little cast off.

At the range I liked its relatively high and wide ventilated rib.

My experience mirrored others'; my SA-20 choked on the Winchester Universals I initially fed it. Neither would it cycle my relatively light reloads. Next I set about feeding it some high brass field loads and old steel waterfowl loads to break it in, which it cycled properly.

Well I wanted this light 20 to shoot light loads for the girls (OK, maybe for Dad too) so I set about trying out the fixes I found in this thread. Polishing the chamber and adjoining areas with steel wool on a drill had little, if any, effect.

Next I removed the bolt, gave it a thorough cleaning and lightly hit the sharp edges with steel wool and/or a file. I also lubricated all moving parts a little more than I might usually (so the gun was running "wet"). After this the gun would cycle my 7/8 oz reloads much of the time. Not good enough.

Rather than shorten the recoil spring I elected to next "bore out" the gas ports with a #37 drill (with a #36 as my next step). Bore out is a bit of a misnomer; the bit readily fit in the ports and I simply applied the power and jiggled it around a very little, the result being two very small deposits of metal shavings in the barrel. Well, that did the trick. Tonight the SA-20 readily digested the lightest 3/4 oz ammo I can load. I even managed to shoot a 21 (having added a slip on recoil pad for LOP).

I've already ordered an adult SA-08 stock from Weatherby, so the SA-20 can serve as my backup woodcock and under-the-bed HD gun. Its also worth noting that Beretta mobilchokes will fit the SA-20 (I've added an extended Victory skeet tube).

Someone had asked about disassembly and cleaning. I found this video of the similar TriStar model helpful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMHQL1M8Z4&feature=share&list=FL7PZrNZzAzHy5KFYkACHFiQ

Last edited by steveziv on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:02 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi Steveziv,

Thanks for the lnk to the video. That's certainly very helpful as the two gun are very similar.

As for the drill bit in the gas ports... two questions.

1) What drill and set did you use as the holes are set kinda deep inside.

2) Once you've opened the ports up a bit, have you tried shooting with heavier ammo? I would think now the shotgun will have a lot more recoil with the heavier stuff. In particular I'm curious to see how the gun performs with slugs. Not mention the higher 3 inch buck.

Thanks,

Kaylen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:59 pm 
Crown Grade

1) What drill and set did you use as the holes are set kinda deep inside.

I bought a "#37 Jobber Length Cobalt Drill Bit" on ebay for a few bucks. Yes, the ports are up inside the ring located around the midpoint of the barrel but they are angled backwards so they were reachable with a standard drill and bit.

The ports were larger than the #37 bit so I removed very little material by jiggling the spinning bit around in the holes. So little material that I was a little surprised it worked.

2) Once you've opened the ports up a bit, have you tried shooting with heavier ammo? I would think now the shotgun will have a lot more recoil with the heavier stuff. In particular I'm curious to see how the gun performs with slugs. Not mention the higher 3 inch buck.

I haven't tried anything heavy through the gun. This gun is unlikely to be used for anything but target shooting or bird hunting during my ownership so I never really gave slugs or buck any thought, sorry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next