ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silver Reserve- yet again.....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:32 am 
Utility Grade

I have read all the posts about Turkish shotguns. Some love them, some hate them. I have read the posts on the firing pins issues in the Silver Reserves. I have 5 Mossberg pumps in the rack and they are all great. I know the Silver Reserve is not a Mossberg made gun. I know most folks recommend a low end auto for skeet ahead of a low priced O/U (have an 1100 and 11-87). But the darn Silver Reserve looks good and the one I handled came to point very nicely for me (I am a lefty) and I like Mossberg. I will use the gun for casual skeet shooting, maybe 100 rds a month. Any reason for me not to get one? :?: :?:

Post subject: Re: Silver Reserve- yet again.....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

All i can say is it's your money,buy what you want. :D I prefer other makes,so get what YOU want and be happy.Myself I wouldn't buy one but that's just me.

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx

Rose City Clays - Tyler TX
5H Shooting Sports Frankston TX ( Formally the Chicken Ranch)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:38 am 
Limited Edition

Take the $500 or so you were going to spend on that gun and buy 10 or so flats of shells. Take the 10 or so flats and try to wear out one of those Remingtons with them....IMO

I am with you on how those Silver Reserves feel good. Nice and light, shoulder well. But on the other side, I have not heard anything good about them. It is your money though.....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:41 am 
Limited Edition

For a few hundred more, you would be much better served by this
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=214113

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:03 pm 
Utility Grade

Pretty much confirms what I really knew all along. Thanks for the input. I will just have to wait unitl I can afford a Cynergy for an O/U. The Remmies run good, no need to put them aside.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

I agree with all of the above,saw too many people having issues at the trap range with silver reserves.They just aren't a trap gun mileage wise.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Many used trap guns out there that are decent priced. If you want new you could look at the Huglu guns. I own a 20 gauge S.R. and a 12 gauge Huglu and the guns are not of the same quality. I shoot my DeHaan SGr Huglu (left hand model) with a 32" barrel set on my local club's trap fields and love it. Huglu is sold via CZ, DeHaan and TRImports. TRImports has some base models in about the S.R. range and they also have some competition guns that can go for lots of $'s if the wood is Grade 3 or higher. Plain wood works just as well. Check out their site.

- Ben Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:57 am 
Crown Grade

I had a SR and It didn't feel good shooting even for hunting. The trigger pull was way to hard. I only wanted it for a few days of hunting a year and maybe 25 rounds would be shot out of it. Well it didn't make one year and I sold it. Got lucky and go and only loss $150 on the deal.
I replace it with a SKB 585 I got used for $600 and it been a great gun. I also pick up a used Browning 20ga O/U a guy need money for $400.
There are better guns out there if you look in you price range.