ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Why doesn't the Mossberg 500 get any respect?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:56 am 
Utility Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:
I am going keep buying my Mossbergs.

You'll have to, as your imaginary Mossberg Lifetime warranty is just that. Whenever you buy the same thing over and over again, it is no one's bargain. I'm sorry for your plight.

You don't get to lie about lifetime warranties, you don't get to invent the Germans, using 870 Police Magnums, are "Expresses," you don't get to falsely claim that Remington is currently in bankruptcy, and you don't get to claim that Mossberg is thriving, when that clearly is not true.

Thats funny you calling me a liar. You think the germans are going to get wingmasters? It will just be a version of the express. Remington did go Bankrupt! I just sent my dads Country squire in to Mossberg to be repaired and there was no charge. He bought that gun in the 80s. How is Mossberg not doing well? Have they gone through Bankruptcy? Have they dropped there product line to 3 guns? Has there customer service fallen into the toilet? You can keep your head in the sand all you want. Maybe if more Remington fans were loyal like me they would not have had to go into Bankruptcy. Maybe if Remington had actually put out a good product people would have bought them. The Express 870 was only there to compete with mossberg! And with that I am out I don't need to spend anymore time on this subject. Maybe if Remington would have cared a little more about there customers it would have been better for them. You seem to like Mossberg products enough in your reviews. I guess just not here. Remington could learn from Mossberg because Mossberg has been as loyal to me as I have been to them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:10 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Pgeurts wrote:
And with that I am out I don't need to spend anymore time on this subject. Maybe if Remington would have cared a little more about there customers it would have been better for them. You seem to like Mossberg products enough in your reviews. I guess just not here.

You're extremely confused and, apparently, bewildered about the firearms industry. It is ridiculous, rude and wrong to assume that Remington employees somehow don't care, just because you feel the need to claim it. When Benelli, Franchi, Winchester, Colt, and Browning all changed hands, was that only because you imagine employees just didn't care?

It has been a challenging time for Beretta, Ruger, Browning, Federal, Savage Arms, Smith & Wesson . . . essentially, the entire gun industry.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:46 pm 
Utility Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:
And with that I am out I don't need to spend anymore time on this subject. Maybe if Remington would have cared a little more about there customers it would have been better for them. You seem to like Mossberg products enough in your reviews. I guess just not here.

You're extremely confused and, apparently, bewildered about the firearms industry. It is ridiculous, rude and wrong to assume that Remington employees somehow don't care, just because you feel the need to claim it. When Benelli, Franchi, Winchester, Colt, and Browning all changed hands, was that only because you imagine employees just didn't care?

It has been a challenging time for Beretta, Ruger, Browning, Federal, Savage Arms, Smith & Wesson . . . essentially, the entire gun industry.

What is wrong with you? You accuse me of lying when everything I said is verifiable! Then
I never once said anything about Remington employees. None of the companies you mention have anything to do with Mossberg and Remington. You can't even admit that Remington went Bankrupt. You are a ridiculous man who can't handle the truth unless it's your truth. I seriously think you might be a FUDD. You are narrow minded, and I apologize to the rest of the forum. I hate talking to Remington guys but sometimes you see something so stupid you need to say something. You can have your soapbox back now Randy.
P.S Browning is a brand not a company

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:53 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Pgeurts wrote:
And with that I am out I don't need to spend anymore time on this subject.

You'll need to try harder.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 pm 
Diamond Grade

Somebody pass the popcorn. Intriguing how inanimate objects can bring out such emotion.

Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:56 pm 
Presentation Grade

It would be a waste of popcorn. Like watching a test pattern.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 am 
Presentation Grade

Pgeurts wrote:

Sounds like someone needs professional help..................LOL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

longislandloco wrote:
Pgeurts wrote:

Sounds like someone needs professional help..................LOL

That’s the problem with arguing on the internet. It’s hard to tell which one needs the help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:21 pm 
Field Grade

If I like something I like it. I've never been too concerned with what others think. My first car was a used 58 Edsel. A big joke to many but it ran great. 410 cubes 345hp with the police interceptor package. Blew the doors off many of the more accepted models. To my delight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

I read, I'm amused........I move on

Flannel…..the fabric of old men

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:45 pm 
Presentation Grade

Into each life, a little rain must fall.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:53 pm 
Crown Grade

The greatest achievement of the internet is that it allows bald men to fight over combs with a ferocity seldom seen outside faculty politics.

That said, the 500 is the best beginner shotgun on the market today. It works, it lasts, and comes in a bunch of different configurations.

The Flex models in 12 and 20 with a couple extra buttstocks and pads, plus some form of comb riser and you can get just about any shooter off to a good start with a gun that fits ok. It's what I do at my range.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:51 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Mossberg 600AT that I changed the barrel to a 28” put on a Carlson Creamator midrange choke added 11/2 lbs to the gun made the stock pitch zero also added an adjustable butt pad .
Went to my Trap Club and shot 25 of 25 in singles and 23 of 25 in handicaps at 20 yds .
Gun shoots flawless no recoil issues awesome gun.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:15 am 
Utility Grade

I just picked up this Mossberg 500AB 12 gauge, it has some wear but got it for $100. The action slide assembly. I ordered another one but won't be able to use the original wood forend cause the original is a 7 5/8" assembly and the only one I could find is a 6.75" so I'll have to find a smaller wood forend or get a Hogue.
All I know is that upon researching this shotguns serial # G22xxxx, it was made back in 1973, and has a jeweled bolt and carrier. The original barrel was in bad shape so I am in the process of hand sanding it and them polishing it and rebluing it.
I have has several newer 500 shotguns but the bolt is strange in this model, it doesn't have a firing pin spring. Also, there were metal bans around the magazine tube that were keeping the action assembly from being removed from the receiver of the shotgun.

Attachment:
20200118_022126.jpg

Attachment:
20200118_022129.jpg

Attachment:
20200117_192342.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.