ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 9200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 am 
Field Grade

My Dad gave me his 9200 that he barely used. Did a search on this model and it indicated that they were prone to cycling issues. I asked him about this and he said he never had a problem with it.

What more can you gurus tell me about this gun?

Post subject: Re: 9200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:46 pm 
Field Grade

I think it just depends on the gun. I bought one new when they first came out years ago and could never get it to fire 5 rounds in a row no matter what I fed it. Sent it back to Mossburg via UPS three times at my expense, and when it came back the third time with no change, I got fed up with it and traded it off. Saying all of that, I have heard (read) of many that owners love and say they have never had a single jam. So as I said, guess it just depends on if yours works, count yourself as one of the fortunate ones.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:19 pm 
Limited Edition

Hi, I had one years ago. Good gun, never had a problem with the gun. Sorry I sold it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:51 am 
Presentation Grade

The only time mine has ever jammed was when the solder holding the bolt carrier to the action arm assembly broke while shooting trap (this was after roughly 10K rounds through the gun). Sent it to Mossberg, and they re-soldered (brazed?) it free of charge.

I still have my 9200, I still shoot it (~ 1K rounds/year), and it has been flawless since then.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein