ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Limbsaver 10806 on Mossberg SA-20 Youth Model
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:31 pm 
Field Grade

All,

I had pics for this but I'll describe as best can because IMGUR wont send me my registration code... oh well

I called Limbsaver ahead of time and got the recommendation for the closest fit after I measured my length x width of the wood on the end of the stock (not the OEM pad).

Steps:
1. Remove the OEM pad (2 screws).
2. Peel the rubber on the OEM pad off the plastic base to release the screws.
3. I took the 10806 Limbsaver and used a 1/4" drill bit in my drill and took
off about 1/8" off the bottom sides of both screw holes from the hard plastic underside.
4. I did this but did not push the drill bit further than the hard plastic inside. Some of the
softer foam was taken out, but not much at all.
5. I pushed the screws from the OEM pad through the soft rubber holes on top of the Limbsaver and turned the screws while holding the pad flush with the on the top side of t16he stock.
6. It fits with about 1/16th of an inch overhang from the stock on the bottom side, but
visually/aesthetically, its not too bad. You wouldn't see it or feel it at all when mounting/cheeking your shotgun.
7. Functionally, its 100%. It does add to the LOP however; roughly 13 1/8" now original published LOP was 12.5".

Its the closest I'll get before having to go to a grind-to-fit pad.

It' my wife's shotgun and shes pretty happy with it!

Last edited by scribe556 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Limbsaver 10806 on Mossberg SA-20 Youth Model
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:35 pm 
Crown Grade

scribe556 wrote:
All,

I had pics for this but I'll describe as best cn because IMGUR wont send me my registration code... oh well

I called Limbsaver ahead of time and got the recommendation for the closest fit after I measured my length x width of the wood on the end of the stock (not the OEM pad).

Steps:
1. Remove the OEM pad (2 screws).
2. Peel the rubber on the OEM pad off the plastic base to release the screws.
3. I took the 10806 Limbsaver and used a 1/4" drill bit in my drill and took
off about 1/8" off the bottom sides of both screw holes from the hard plastic underside.
4. I did this but did not push the drill bit further than the hard plastic inside. Some of the
softer foam was taken out, but not much at all.
5. I pushed the screws from the OEM pad through the soft rubber holes on top of the Limbsaver and turned the screws while holding the pad flush with the on the top side of t16he stock.
6. It fits with about 1/16th of an inch overhang from the stock on the bottom side, but
visually/aesthetically, its not too bad. You wouldn't see it or feel it at all when mounting/cheeking your shotgun.
7. Functionally, its 100%. It does add to the LOP however; roughly .45".

Its the closest I'll get before having to go to a grind-to-fit pad.

It' my wife's shotgun and shes pretty happy with it!

{hs# Mission accomplished. Well done.