ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are the MOSSBERG customer service staff on glue or something
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:59 pm 
Tournament Grade

I sent an e-mail to Mossberg as I have a 410 coming soon, so keen to work out availability of parts so I can customise it a little, etc.

I asked about the corncob forend - as I had a feeling I'd seen one on a current 500 model.
Reply from a Jeff Croze, stating that
Quote:
There are no longer any corn cob fore ends for the 410 models.

Fair enough. I may have seen an older gun being reviewed, stuff like that happens.
Then today I am online checking more YT vidjas, and there is a 410 Shockwave - fitted with a CornCob.
Even the product info. on the Mossberg website has it detailed.
Attachment:
ccfe.PNG

How DUMB are the staff there? It's written down that it's a CORNCOB
...are they employing the ones that were too dumb even for Remington?

Places I've worked in the past, that would have been a written warning as a minimum!!

I just emailed Jeff to suggest he looks into a future flipping burgers somewhere! Clownshow

Hope that IF I need some real customer service from them I don't run into Jeff again

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by saddler2 on Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Are the MOSSBERG customer service staff on glue or somet
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'd be willing to bet that:

1. The corncob WITH strap is a completely different part and part number than JUST a corncob forend. I suppose you could buy one, remove the strap, and live with the holes. Given that you live in the UK, shipping it to you at any rate would have likely been difficult to impossible.
2. Given the availability of firearms and parts, it is quite likely that that part is NOT in fact available for purchase separately presently, and may not be available for purchase separately regardless.

The Shockwave 410 is also a 590, and not a 500, so there may be a parts compatibility issue. I also can't find any Mossberg 410s with black synthetic stocks that the 590 forend would match with, it could also be safe to assume that maybe he thought you were referring to a wood forend...

At any rate, your post comes off quite rude.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

saddler2 wrote:
Hope that IF I need some real customer service from them I don't run into Jeff again

Having read your post above, I'm sure that the feeling is mutual.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to. (1931)
saddler2 on 15 Mar 2021 wrote:
I'm shortly collecting a model 500 in 410 that has a dedicated sound moderator fitted.
I have had a few interactions with Mossberg Customer Service over the last 15 years, always just seeking or confirming information for my posts, never for repairs or returns, and IMO their CS is as good as it gets. I own many Mossberg shotguns and none of them have given me any trouble. So I caution you to forbear criticism here because others like me have no problem defending their reputation. Moreover, their CS answered your email in less than seven business days which is remarkable considering the extremely high volume and variety of their business. Jeff told you correctly that the .410 corncob forends are no longer available, not withstanding that they come installed on two current guns. This can be verified experimentally by observing that Brownells, Midway, Cheaper than Dirt, and other after marketers do not offer them. Mossberg is not obligated to sell components just because you know they come installed on current production guns. Jeff responsibly relayed Mossberg policy to you and you should publicly apologize to him here as soon as possible. 'Nuff said...

This .410 that you will acquire is used because it has a dedicated sound moderator fitted that was not on the gun when Mossberg made it. Would you consider a new black synthetic 18.5" Mossberg 590 .410 6+1 model #50700 with corncob forend? You get a 10 year warranty.

You cannot use the .410 that you will acquire for home defense, deer, or turkeys as you have stated elsewhere. IMO the man in the video who slaughtered so many scores of crows with his red dot and hushfire was a poor excuse for a human being. If you want to imitate him, good-bye. If not, a new model #50700 would be a good purchase.

For example, this used wood corncob .410 forend and 6.5" slide action assembly is $75 -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mossberg-500-6-1-2-Inch-410-Gauge-Action-Slide-Tube-Nut-Forend/303894020578?hash=item46c17ec1e2:g:L8oAAOSw-JBgMkID. There are a few other .410 forends on eBay but no more corncobs, searching "Mossberg 410 forend". IMO buying a new Mossberg model #50700 is a simpler approach to accomplish your objective.

I could not find any .410 Hogue forends to go with their .410 stocks. Tomorrow I will call lg-outdoors.com at 1-888-547-4679 M - F 8 AM - 6 PM CST about Mossberg 500 Black Synthetic Forend (Mossberg #95051, $35.70. lg-outdoors also lists them on GunBroker. I want them to explain "Black Synthetic Stock And Forend. Model 500 And 835 Available In Standard Size And .410 Gauge Available In Bantam." This is the black synthetic .410 corncob forend that you want but there is no way online to select the Bantam forend. My guess is that their listing is in error, but I will let you know tomorrow, sir.

To steal a big election.
Joe fell down
And lost his Crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:03 pm 
Limited Edition

Never, ever had an issue with Mossberg Customer service and quite the opposite as I found them extremely helpful numerous times.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:23 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

saddler2 wrote:
How DUMB are the staff there? It's written down that it's a CORNCOB
...are they employing the ones that were too dumb even for Remington?

Places I've worked in the past, that would have been a written warning as a minimum!!

I just emailed Jeff to suggest he looks into a future flipping burgers somewhere! Clownshow

As for your empty-headed question, "Are the MOSSBERG customer service staff on glue or something" . . . the obvious problem is with you, not Mossberg. Quite snorting Mink Oil Paste and apologize to Mossberg for your wingnut behavior. Good grief. :roll:

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You know you done messed up when you can get Randy and I to agree on something

:lol: :lol: :lol: {hs# {hs# {hs#

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to. (1931)
Quote:
"Black Synthetic Stock And Forend. Model 500 And 835 Available In Standard Size And .410 Gauge Available In Bantam.

Over a dozen websites selling Mossberg black synthetic corncob forend #95051 include this quote in the description.

So I called lg-outdoors and Mike said the descriptive phrase for their SKU 1044150 (Mossberg #95051) came directly from Mossberg. So as I had already done, Mike first looked up #95051 on the Mossberg Store website, and then he looked for forends there. Not finding the .410 corncob forend listed, he concluded, "It's not available."

In the simplest terms, even if it may have once been available, it is not available now. Or just as Jeff explained, "There are no longer any corn cob fore ends for the 410 models."

To steal a big election.
Joe fell down
And lost his Crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.