Shotgun Forum banner

'Olympic Club' 4e

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Researcher01 
#1 ·
I have a 1918 4e that has the term 'Olympic Club', seemingly factory engraved on side of barrel and an 'OC' gold medallion on under portion of stock.

I've been told gun was made by Ithaca for the Olympic Club in San Fran, probably as a 'guest' gun to be shot by folks after a round of golf or swimming and tennis.

Was hoping someone may be able to provide any clearer provenience of this gun. SN is 290350-T

#2 ·
Very possible. Ithaca did a couple guns up for the Dupont Shooting Club/School. A search of old records/invoices would have to be done to confirm it or turn up some old photos/documentation.

The Olympic Club is very old and did have trap shooting events, it makes sense they would have "club" guns for member use.

Some pictures of the gun would help.

#4 ·
So he has it, but it's listed for sale.... Yeah, it's a Flues. All the metal has been reblued. Basically the whole gun's been refinished. The recoil pad is a later replacement, way later. I see no value at all here unless someone wants a trap gun to shoot with. Even if the provenance can be proved, which probably can't, the gun has little to no collector value due to the poor restoration.

#12 ·
Oh!! Wow!! The title of this thread got me thinking of a favorite watering hole from the spring quarter of my senior year, 1968, when we were doing field work near Centralia, Washington.

In those days the area to the right was an open to the sidewalk smoke shop. The area through the angled doors to the left the soda fountain. Straight in took one to the bar, the card tables in back and the pool tables off to the right side. Right in the middle a huge wood stove to heat the place.

Now it has been trendified, they scrubbed a hundred years of tobacco smoke off the stained glass and wood work. Card table tables gone. They serve upscale food and the building next door has been made into the Olympic Club Hotel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.