ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sould I refinish an Ithaca 37??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:08 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a NIB Ithaca 37 which was produced in late 2001. On the left side of the receiver and on the barrel, there are what appears to be finger prints under the parkerized finish which can not be removed. Ithaca Gun Company says it is still under warranty and they would re-parkerize it free of charge. Since it would be done by Ithaca under warranty, would re-parkerizing reduce the price if I decided to sell it later,?

Post subject: Re: Sould I refinish an Ithaca 37??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:18 pm 
Diamond Grade

I can't imagine that it would if you're going to sell it to someone who intends to use it for a shooter. To a collector, maybe, but it'll be awhile before a gun built in 2001 is a collector item. :)

However, if there's one thing I've learned, it is that a gun is worth what someone will give you for it. I'd give you more for the re-parkerized gun, but maybe you'd get a different answer from someone else.

Good luck with it-- also, I wouldn't mind hearing how the experience comes out and how Ithaca's repair shop treats you.

Best,

Jeff23

Jeff23
Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen
National Rifle Association

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:38 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi Jeff:
Thanks for the reply and advise. I will box it up and send it back to Ithaca for reparkerizing. I can't stand rust in any form. I was thinking it might have value in the future. At any rate, I will let you know how things turn out with Ithaca. Thanks again....Ron :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:56 am 
Diamond Grade

You're most welcome :)

Jeff23
Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen
National Rifle Association