Shotgun Forum banner

I Love My Ithaca now sponsored by Walt Snyder

34K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  fabbri 
#1 ·
We're pleased to announce that Walter Snyder is the new sponsor of the I Love my Ithaca forum. Walter is regular on our forums and has authored two books about Ithaca guns and their history. You can purchase his books by visiting http://www.shotgunworld.com/ithacabooks.html

See less See more
#3 ·
Ditto. +2 on Mr. Snyder. I learned more in 3 nights reading his book on 37's than I had in 40 years of owning, shooting, and loving them. If you are an Ithaca Lover, you will never regret spending the money for Walt's books.

#7 ·
Ithaca to my knowledge did not introduce a repeater of any sort until the model 37 was introduced in 1937. That would date the plug from at least 1937 on. If the plug has a paper label on it that I believe it would be pre-war. If has black stamped lettering on the plug it would be post war. If it is in good condition there would be interest it the piece from collectors. The best thing to do would be to start a new topic and include pictures of the plug.

#9 ·
Walt, I had a question about value of a gun I own, and it was suggested I go to you from the general value inquiry section. I've uploaded pictures on to the site. Any idea about the value of this Ithaca. Ithica double barrel side by side, serial 467174
Also has a F20 on the other side, guess to reference 20gauge field grade. On the Ithaca site when I looked up the serial number, it had "special" next to the range of serial numbers this falls within. Any idea what "special" means within Ithaca serial numbers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.