ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LeFever A grade
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:01 am 
Diamond Grade

Can't say I've seen an Ithaca LeFever with a grade before. The stock extention is one of a kind also.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/700201905

Last edited by BakerBB on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Let ever A grade
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:38 pm 
Limited Edition

BakerBB here is my Lefever A grade 20 ga

[IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1454/13702555/24744213

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:42 pm 
Limited Edition

That last image did not come through here it is.

and the forearm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:46 pm 
Crown Grade

Looks like the original owner knew what he wanted, adding the 30-inch barrels to a Model 6 Skeet Gun, and that it has been out doing what it was made to do.

Post subject: Re: LeFever A grade
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:37 am 
Diamond Grade

Looks like the original owner was quite a shooter. Researcher pegged it when he stated that owner knew what he wanted. Must have been a tall feller!!

Canoe, that's a beauty!!

The Lefever A grades were close in configuration to the "New Ithaca Field Grade" models of the NID. We have Skeet 12, a custom 20, and a 16 all in the "New Ithaca Field Grade" A 28 and a .410 would be nice but they are expensive, if you can even find them....

Both of these models are my favorite configuration the Ithaca Gun Company made.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:25 pm 
Diamond Grade

I didn't notice the auto-correct issue until later; sometimes i hate that feature. I have just never noticed a graded Lefever for sale before. I wish I knew the history of a set up like this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:18 pm 
Limited Edition

Matt, Just out of curiosity, what makes this configuration your favorite of the Ithaca guns. For me its the clean simple, honest lines of the gun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:13 pm 
Diamond Grade

Exactly. Nice checkering pattern as well. Simple, clean. Ebony wedge is also a nice little touch on the forearm. Nice clean line engraving. Stippling touches.

Don't get me wrong, I like a grade 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and Sousa engraving as well....these are just nice field grade guns. Still affordable. A nice 20 can still be had for 2500 give or take.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:41 am 
Utility Grade

I realize this is an old post, but am trying to contact NWCANOE. That Lefever A-Grade 20ga used to belong to me! I bought it back in the early 90s and refinished the wood, re-checkered it and, while I was working on the wood, I disassembled it and sent it off to a fellow in Wyoming (can't recall his name) who did the bluing and case coloring for me. I custom built the case fitted with the padding and green crushed velvet. I was never happy with the lid latch hardware but it was the best I could find at the time, and the lid to the parts compartment, I never got around to finishing it properly. The label, I printed on my computer using a yellowish paper just to give it an authentic look. The beavertail forend, I got either at a gun show or the gun store I was working at in the mid 90s. If you're in Seattle, I'm sure you've been to see Ralph at Tuttle's in Enumclaw. Actually, he's who I eventually sold it to. Anyway, I checkered the big forend in a classic pattern and finished it to match the rest of the gun. Never could decide which one I liked best. The cleaning rods, I picked up in the middle of all that and added them to the kit. They seemed like a good fit. When it was all said and done, I was really happy that it balanced well with everything in the case. I used that gun for pheasant hunting in Tennessee later and quite a bit of sporting clays and skeet at the Nashville Gun Club It wasn't perfect for that but it sure was fun. I'm glad you are happy with it. Here are the only pics I have of it:
Cheers, Toby

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:13 am 
Limited Edition

Nice to hear some of the guns history. Its a wonderful gun. Its fun to 'connect the dots' on these classic guns.