ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1952 model 37 r
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:49 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello guys I am new to the site and would love to find out more if possible about a 1952 model 37 r dollar grade. I was told only 3 20 gauge dollar grade were ever produced. Is this true. Mine was done in white gold which was popular among women in 1950s. I believe this gun was special ordered for a women. Bill McGraw did the engraving and Keith h did the woodwork I believe. It is absolutely amazing. It’s in excellent condition and the engraving is more elaborate than any I have seen. The magazine tube is engraved highly even. I haven’t seen that on any of the model 37 dollar grades. I believe this to be a one of kind but wish I could find out even more. [email protected]. I have read all walts books and am looking for a reference to this gun or possible info leading to whom it was ordered for or any records showing its order. I’m sure it’s a long shot. I appreciate any help. I will try and get some pics up

Post subject: Re: 1952 model 37 r
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:37 pm 
Diamond Grade

Welcome aboard, first of all. You've come to a great place to learn about Ithacas.

I would suggest you take your question directly to Walt Snyder, who sponsors this forum. He might very well chime in shortly. Since you've read his books, you know how much he knows about and loves Ithacas. If anyone can answer your question, it will be him.

It sounds like an incredible find, and I hope you are able to find out enough about it to make a go/no go purchase decision. Good luck.