ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ithaca Mag 10?
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 pm 
Utility Grade

I am going to buy a pair of Mag 10s for myself and my middle son. Both guns are used but not abused. Not pristine by any measure. 32" full chokes unless they have been messed with. What I am wondering is what parts should I expect to replace, as a normal maintenance item and which should I keep on hand? These guns will see limited duty but I do expect to get several decades use out of them before I pass mine on to another son or grandson. Thanks for all replies.

Post subject: Re: Ithaca Mag 10?
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:39 am 
Diamond Grade

If fixed full chokes steel shot will iron out the chokes, so open them or get screw in chokes. I don’t own one but have friends that have used them for years and don’t complain about problems.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:19 am 
Tournament Grade

Get a spare bolt buffer and I would do spring replacement. Available from Wolf. I have one extra Mag 10 for sale. Already has the choke opened to Mod. $650. PM me if you want to talk maintenance or other. Think I have 7 10 gauges currently. JW

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:28 am 
Diamond Grade

jfky wrote:
What I am wondering is what parts should I expect to replace, as a normal maintenance item and which should I keep on hand?

Wulff spring kit is a must https://www.gunsprings.com/ITHACA/MAG-1 ... dID141#520 also, replace the bolt buffer...I see one listed on EBay. I have a full choke and shoot Black Cloud BB and #2 without any issues. It patterns really well and reaches out 60+ yards no problem. I would suggest that you pattern both before you change anything. Great guns, have fun shooting them.