ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inflation hits hard
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

Looked at Ithaca’s website today and see the price of field 37s is now $1,200; up $300 from last month.

Ouch!

Post subject: Re: Inflation hits hard
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:53 pm 
Crown Grade

Sad. But there a lot of fine M-37 guns on the market for a fraction of the new ones. :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:59 pm 
Crown Grade

FWIW, I don't know of ANY factory worker that doesn't want a pay or benefit raise - which drives up the cost of whatever they're making.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:40 pm 
Diamond Grade

True.

Could be that since Remington is done, Ithaca sees the potential for a spike in demand. Based on the construction, the 37 is probably worth the increased price. It’s not made from stamped sheet metal and aluminum, like most semi autos that bring a comparable or higher price.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:36 am 
Crown Grade

Ithacas are not the only item that took a big price increase.

A transmission part I wanted for my Corvette jumped $300.00. I see this across a lot of different types of goods.

Fortunately for me I knew of a business that had them still in stock at the old price so I bought one.

$300.00 can be a deal breaker. They are already on the ragged edge of what folks are wanting to pay for a heavy, pump action shotgun. No matter how nice they are.

Back when I was getting into Ithacas for hunting I was looking at a 16ga one. It was heavy and the length of pull was too long for me. That forced me into looking at the used Ithaca market, which I am glad I did.