ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M-51 front bead?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:34 am 
Utility Grade

Does anyone know if the front bead on a M-51 trap is pressed in or threaded?

Thanks.

Ric

Post subject: Re: M-51 front bead?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:24 am 
Diamond Grade

I do not believe Ithaca pressed in any sight beads on any models. I am reasonably confident that it is threaded. They do get stuck though and you may end up breaking the plastic ray bar. You can find them on Ebay, and gun broker. It will be the same as a model 37.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:43 am 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the information.

I'm in the process of wasting money re-furbishing a trap model, and thinking of an add-on higher rib just for the heck of it.................

I have a release trigger, just sent the stock out for an adjustable comb, sent the slide (or whatever you call it) to have the cracks welded, ordered an adjustable LOP Graco unit...........

Once I get all this done, I will probably shoot it a bit, then put it back in the safe with the other ones I don't use.................

Then maybe I will update the S&W M-1000 Trap............

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:27 am 
Diamond Grade

Welcome ric1911a1. The front bead on your M51 is threaded and is 6-48. I have a few 51’s. My trap and skeet models have white Bradley style beads as originally installed by the factory. Early trap models may have had the Raybar sight as Ithaca put them on almost everything for awhile including the SKB import over unders even. Please post pictures of your finished project. I would love to see it. Hopefully you have the great wood that Ithaca was using on the deluxe models on your trap gun.