ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aimtech ASM-1020 shotgun scope mount?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:14 am 
Field Grade

Don't want to drill and tap my M37 and a barrel with a canter lever is pricey so I was look at the Amtech mounts. My questions would be does the screws that hold the mount in place mark up the receiver and the other question would be does the mounts hold the scope in place if the gun is bumped. I guess I looking for an overall review of the mounts. Any input would be appreciated
Thanks
Bill

Post subject: Re: Aimtech ASM-1020 shotgun scope mount?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

Not exactly what you looking for, but I will throw this out: my brother used one (not sure if Aimtech or another brand that looked very similar) years ago with good success. The rear was held in place by a replacement trigger guard/frame thru bolt, and the front was held down in place by a bolt that went underneath the frame. His did not mark up the frame and was very secure. Taking off the barrel (to clean, etc) did change the POA a little bit, even though the barrel is threaded at back and held in front. Not by a lot, but it did move POA. Overall, it worked.

Post subject: Re: Aimtech ASM-1020 shotgun scope mount?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:11 pm 
Utility Grade

I had an Aimtech on my 37 and regretted it. Although it did work to accommodate a scope, it marked up the sides of the receiver and just looked like crap and added additional weight. I ended up taking it off and drilling and taping the receiver. It turned out well. If I remove the scope base, I can install screw in plugs. I have not any issues with POA changing when removing/installing the barrel to clean. What I really wanted was a cantilever barrel but to your point, they are pricey.