ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finicky Flues
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:43 am 
Utility Grade

I have a 1914 16ga Flues with extractors. The gun is tight and on face and is fed a hand loaded diet of low pressure, low load rounds in 2 1/2” hulls.
The problem: after a half dozen singles or a couple of pairs the gun becomes difficult to open. I have to slide my hand up the barrels to increase leverage in order to open the gun. A firing pin is not dragging. Unfired the gun is smooth to open. Or if, after a few shots and the gun gets stiff, I remove the shells and close the gun it then will open smoothly again.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Finicky Flues
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:44 pm 
Crown Grade

It could be a worn part, but it sounds like some crud has built up inside the action, and needs a little attention. 8)

Post subject: Re: Finicky Flues
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:05 am 
Limited Edition

We've corrected that problem many times. Usually it is the firing pin dragging on the primer. However, if the barrels are hard to open when you dry fire, then we would have to look elsewhere for the problem. Feel free to call me. Thanx!
Les Hovencamp
www.diamondgunsmithing.com
607-273-4510